Lets Talk Metal
Apr 29, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #5,956 of 29,700

Quote:
I really like Corrupted's last album, Garten Der Unbewusstheit.

Kind of reminds me of Mournful Congregation, rather than their older crustier stuff.

I love Corrupted! So, so, so heavy...

Heard this band on the latest issue of Terrorizer's free cd. What do you guys think?

I can't pin the genre down. Some tracks have a post metal vibe, some doom, some black, some death and over the cacaphony is this really distorted shriek that reminds me of Absu on a powerviolence kick. It's heavy as fruck and the vocals are insane and intense. And the artwork! Check this out! 

Apr 29, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #5,957 of 29,700
That sounds like a nightmare I don't want to wake from. Once I'm back to my cans I'm going to give those tracks a spin.

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #5,959 of 29,700
Wow. 398 pages of metal. Awesome. I'm finally bothering to post on here after stalking the thread for a week or so. It's nice to see so many metal lovers on Head-Fi! Can't say I have much to add to this except that I'm digging the new Dragonforce album, The Power Within. If Cry Thunder doesn't get out of my head...

Ha. And I write this while listening to Adele's 19. I try to appreciate different types of music, though I have to say I'm biased towards Rock/Metal. My family refuses to listen to my "screamy" music. (Wonder what they'd think of you people? Freaking Flyleaf is "screamy" to them.
blink.gif
) Oh, and I blame you all for the coming destruction of my wallet. So many CDs...not enough cash. 
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #5,962 of 29,700

Quote:

Kudos for actually buying music. :) And welcome to the thread! 

Yes, it's good to see people here who are buying music. Not only that but buying it in physical form evidently. Personally I prefer having a physical artifact to a download, especially when it comes to metal CDs / vinyl and the care that goes into the artwork and presentation.

May 1, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #5,963 of 29,700

Quote:

Yes, it's good to see people here who are buying music. Not only that but buying it in physical form evidently. Personally I prefer having a physical artifact to a download, especially when it comes to metal CDs / vinyl and the care that goes into the artwork and presentation.

Not to mention people stealing my music and then posting the wrong lyrics online because they don't own the booklet with the ACTUAL lyrics. That pisses me off like something that really pisses you off like whoa. 

May 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #5,964 of 29,700
Has anyone listened to the new Barren Earth? I really liked it; a lot more prog metal and less death metal than their debut album but still enjoyable. My only complaint is that they added happy-sounding synth solos where they really shouldn't have which kind of cheapened the sound. Even so, they were good keyboard solos and the album was still great. I'll give it an 8.8/10.

May 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #5,965 of 29,700
Has anyone listened to the new Barren Earth? I really liked it; a lot more prog metal and less death metal than their debut album but still enjoyable. My only complaint is that they added happy-sounding synth solos where they really shouldn't have which kind of cheapened the sound. Even so, they were good keyboard solos and the album was still great. I'll give it an 8.8/10.

Happy is NOT metal! 1.0/10

May 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #5,968 of 29,700
Quote:

Not to mention people stealing my music and then posting the wrong lyrics online because they don't own the booklet with the ACTUAL lyrics. That pisses me off like something that really pisses you off like whoa. 

Quote:

Well, I didn't really think about buying the CD until I got into this whole audiophile thing. I blame Head-Fi. That, and after I bought my first CD after buying downloads for so long, I realized that I actually like CDs much better. Having the booklet and artwork is nice. To paraphrase Negakinu, ACTUAL lyrics are nice too. Music is the most important thing, but its not the whole experience. My booklets that came with my soundtrack of Wicked have pictures from performances around the world, as well as some amazing closeups and action shots of the actors and actresses in the original Broadway production. You don't get that in a download.

Don't even get me started on SQ. If I'm paying for music, I want the music, not something torn apart and smashed up so it fits better on an iPod. If I want to do that, I'll do it. Just give me my dang CD. It's amazing how no one (mostly) ever really thinks about what they're actually getting when they download an MP3. I blame the iTunes store. Before I learned about file types, I had no idea that my iTunes downloads weren't the best quality out there -- just figured it was the same thing minus the CD.

Nice to see I'm not the only person who likes real CDs around here. I'm in the process of replacing my music library with CDs and lossless. 
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #5,969 of 29,700
Quote:
Don't even get me started on SQ. If I'm paying for music, I want the music, not something torn apart and smashed up so it fits better on an iPod. If I want to do that, I'll do it. Just give me my dang CD. It's amazing how no one (mostly) ever really thinks about what they're actually getting when they download an MP3. I blame the iTunes store. Before I learned about file types, I had no idea that my iTunes downloads weren't the best quality out there -- just figured it was the same thing minus the CD.

Something else that's funny - MP3 downloads are usually $9.99, whereas you can pick up a used CD for only a couple of bucks, which is not only much higher quality but can be easily ripped to MP3! Used CDs are worth almost nothing unless its a rare MFSL or DCC press or something like that, but used MP3s are worth zero. Where I'd like to see more progress is the availability of FLAC downloads. I refuse to pay money for compromised lossy files, but at the same time I'm not crazy about paying $35 for an import because nobody in the US even carries the disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back