Lets Talk Metal
Apr 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #5,941 of 29,670
Tried Hypno5e, couldn't get into it. Not my thing I guess. Solid though! And while I loved Ruins' "Rain upon the impure", I couldn't get into "Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite". I don't know why really. :) 

Been listening to this a lot lately. 

Creepy occult black/death metal with a thunderous groove. Nothing visionary but just REALLY metal. :) Makes my chesthair grow. Black leather, vomit and blood! 

I like the Weapon track. Nothing new, reminds of Absu and maybe a bit of Melechesh in that its clearly rooted in the occult. But tons of fun.

But dear Negakinu, I raise you this (Redcarmoose, pay attention please):

Old school Entombed. Yes. Flawless victory.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #5,942 of 29,670

Teitanblood - "Seven Chalices of Vomit and Blood"

Necros Christos - "Necromantique Nun"

End - "Self-Eating Mass"

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #5,943 of 29,670
@MuppetFace, you do realise how confusing it is to see someone with such cute and innocent avatar posting Teitanblood...?
biggrin.gif

In any case, is this gem posted yet? Piano cover of Immolation - Close To A World Below. Doesnt matter what insturment is used this song is still haunting.

Apr 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #5,945 of 29,670
@Trogdor

Yes! Black Breath

Been on a massive three day Blood Red Throne binge and I have to say the first album, Monument Of Death is the best one! Amazing! The guitar and bass sound is mind blowing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbI8oHMPoY&feature=related

Apr 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #5,946 of 29,670

Quote:
Well gents I am bored at work so will make my first post in this thread as I have a feeling I will be spending lots of time in it. Just give me some time to get used to everyone's posting style and vibe of the forum. 

Fav bands are post-BP Opeth, Job for a Cowboy and favorite singer ever is Jonathan Davis (jk lol)

@vaed nice Thy Catafalque avatar

Welcome to the board! Glad to have you with us but I must warn you, its hard to keep up with everything.

I'm so involved with my current music that its hard to pick up new albums, but this thread definitely has some great recommendations.

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #5,948 of 29,670
I've now had the chance to listen to The Weight Of Oceans several times, and just like Monolith the first time I heard it I really didn't like it all that much. It definitely grows on you with repeated listens though. It's a different album than Shrouded and Monolith, and it's not some sort of hybrid of the two as some have been saying. More prog and doom, less melodic and death. The one thing that just doesn't work is Celestial Tear. STS now has the chops to let the clean vocals stand on their own. In Mourning does not. I haven't measured it but it at least sounds very compressed, which doesn't help matters at all. The album would've been much better without it. 7.5/10.

Apr 28, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #5,951 of 29,670
I really like this album. Reminds me of a lot of different things but not entirely sure what. 

Quote:
I've now had the chance to listen to The Weight Of Oceans several times, and just like Monolith the first time I heard it I really didn't like it all that much. It definitely grows on you with repeated listens though. It's a different album than Shrouded and Monolith, and it's not some sort of hybrid of the two as some have been saying. More prog and doom, less melodic and death. The one thing that just doesn't work is Celestial Tear. STS now has the chops to let the clean vocals stand on their own. In Mourning does not. I haven't measured it but it at least sounds very compressed, which doesn't help matters at all. The album would've been much better without it. 7.5/10.

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #5,954 of 29,670

Quote:
Heard a track off the new Gojira Album yesterday.

Wow :)

Cannot wait to hear it properly

Agree, I've already pre-ordered the Album. But I'm still lost as to what happened about the whole Sea Shepard EP??

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #5,955 of 29,670

@vaed nice Thy Catafalque avatar

Thanks! I'm a shameless Tomas Katai fanboy. Great ******* artist. Welcome to the thread. 

Quote:
i cant seem to get enough of the Chthonic cd, that came out last year, recently, Takasago Army...its so good.

Chthonic really drove me into the black metal scene with their Relentless Recurrence CD, and Quasi Putrefaction was my favorite song of all time for a while. I believe they've really forged their own sound ala folk-tinged melodic death metal with an ounce of black metal. Takasago Army is definitely their most "mature" album and it's extremely solid in its own right, but I can't help but wish that Jesse retained more of his black metal riffing, as I think his riffs have been weaker than in their black metal years resorting to alot of chugging/metalcore sound. I also think Dani is an unsung drumming beast, among the best in the asian scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back