Lets Talk Metal
Apr 6, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #5,881 of 29,676

Quote:

Me neither. There have been some songs that I have liked, but not many and I don't listen to them much. So I'm surprised that I am liking Enslaved.

I really like "Soulfly VI" from Conquer.

Someone was telling me Sodom is really good. I have never listen to Sodom, so I plan to (he pointed me towards a few albums). There is so much metal I have not listened to. It makes my spin.

In the mid-nineties my Buddies would pull old Sodom albums out of the racks at a used record store. I would put them on a table and listen to em but never liked the band. I guess that if it didn't sound like King Diamond or Merciful Fate then I didn't like it. It was a time when some cheesy metal fashion was funny so their albums did have a strange entertainment factor! At times metal fashion seems to fold in on itself and bright red tights like on the cover of Sabotage, end up being a strange cultural phenotype. 

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #5,882 of 29,676

Is this totally amazing or what?

Apr 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #5,883 of 29,676

Skyharbour anyone?

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #5,885 of 29,676

Quote:
How many more Soilworks does the world need? 

I have to say I can't stand soilwork, I see similarities between the 2, but Soilwork has too much of that boring repetitive 4/4 chugging riffs that they use to carry the song, theres not enough change for my liking, straightforward drums and patterns to the songs that instantly give a sense a familiarity throughout the whole song, even if it's a song I've never heard, I don't get that as much with Skyharbour, maybe a bit, but not to the extent of soilwork songs, where I hear them, and assume it's one I've heard before even though I know it can't be.

Edit: And also, I can't stand Synths in metal, it pisses me off no end.

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #5,886 of 29,676
Desultor, Death Metal with clean vocals. Quite unique and interesting idea. Just released their debut album Masters Of Hate.

Apr 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM Post #5,888 of 29,676

Quote:
Interesting, but it sounds a lot like this, just faster and a bit heavier.

Dunno really. Atleast I do not hear similarities. Riffs here are very Soilwork:ish, or melodeath in general, where Desultor ranges from Thrashy to blackened Death.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #5,889 of 29,676
Apr 10, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #5,892 of 29,676

Quote:
Welcome! Please don't ever post about nu-metal, Opeth or deathcore and the wolves will leave you be. :wink:

Speaking of Deathcore. The new Gorod certainly reeks of some. I like it still

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #5,894 of 29,676

Quote:
Welcome! Please don't ever post about nu-metal, Opeth or deathcore and the wolves will leave you be. :wink:

New Opeth, that is. Most of us get along with the old stuff.

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #5,895 of 29,676
Just fixed my RE0 (housing came loose, had to reglue them together) after half a year of letting 'em gather dust and crabs in the drawer. Listening to this track makes me realize how much I've missed the bright person. Nothing in-ear does Kvelertak better than the RE0 with a little Arrow bassboost. :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back