Lets Talk Metal
May 23, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #3,183 of 29,660

Is it out or leaked yet? I have heard only one song that was streaming in some website and it wasnt half bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Illud-Divinum-Insanus-Morbid-Angel/dp/B004VUP8WK

You can hear preview of all the songs here. There's nothing to discuss really, was anyone actually expecting them to come out with a good album? Why care about them when Autopsy's new album is so badass?

May 23, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #3,184 of 29,660

Quote:
Quote:

Is it out or leaked yet? I have heard only one song that was streaming in some website and it wasnt half bad.

http://www.amazon.com/Illud-Divinum-Insanus-Morbid-Angel/dp/B004VUP8WK

You can hear preview of all the songs here. There's nothing to discuss really, was anyone actually expecting them to come out with a good album? Why care about them when Autopsy's new album is so badass?

Its hard to say anything from just 30 second samples. However, "TOO EXTREME!" is contender for worst song title ever...

May 24, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #3,190 of 29,660

May 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #3,191 of 29,660
anyone here a fan of doom/sludge/drone/ambient?

May 25, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #3,192 of 29,660

Quote:
I don't know what just happened:  Its like my neural network adapted to Enslaves sound signature over the course of one song.  I downloaded the EP and listened to track #2, "Alu Misyrki," and all of sudden I had an awakening.  Usually it takes years for my tastes to adapt or to have some sort of realization about a band I didn't enjoy at first but developed a taste (and vice-a-versa). 

Call it refinement, music evolution, growing up, people change, whatever...

But after listening to the EP and then going back to Axioma, I can wholeheartily say I now get *it.*  Tracks like Night Sight and Waruun are just epic.  Night Sight is special because they combine several musical styles in one kick-ass cohesive unit.  The clean vocals in Night Sight don't distract from its heavy nature at the core.  Really awesome.

Very strange.  Now I have to go buy more Enslaved...and now I'm bummed I didn't see them live....sigh...

I remember listening to a lot of Enslaved on the HM-601 which I have sold in preparation for the JH3A/JH16Pro.  Right now I am using a Pico amp/DAC with a pair of TripleFi 10's....

I LOVE Frost, Mardraum, and Veldi, and the EP sounds incredible.but I STILL can't get into Axioma. I've tried so many times but it just doesn't click.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back