Lets Talk Metal
May 16, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #3,166 of 29,667
It has now been one year since Dio passed away.

May 16, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #3,168 of 29,667
sad sad anniversary.
frown.gif

May 17, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #3,170 of 29,667
Have you guys heard the new Enslaved EP? It's excellent, the first couple of tracks have some great hooks and are surprisingly catchy for Enslaved. Halfway through it takes a dramatic shift towards the dark and gothic, and has an interesting closer. It's freely available to download. Not sure what exactly it has to do with selling baby Toyotas, but who cares?

May 17, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #3,171 of 29,667

Quote:
Thanks! And yeah, we'll be selling both our albums and a bunch of tshirts/merch items. Looking forward to playing in Switserland again! 

When You do will You try to sell the cds and merch on this site, just let us know on this thread. I'm quite sure You'll garner plenty of interest from this thread alone!

May 17, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #3,172 of 29,667

Quote:
When You do will You try to sell the cds and merch on this site, just let us know on this thread. I'm quite sure You'll garner plenty of interest from this thread alone!

Actually, as of last week we've had a bit of an amazing career boost. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 I can't say much right now since we still have to make it official but I can say this: expect some very cool news and worldwide distribution soon. Later this year you'll be able to buy our cd's and shirts everywhere. :) 

May 17, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #3,173 of 29,667

Quote:

Actually, as of last week we've had a bit of an amazing career boost. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 I can't say much right now since we still have to make it official but I can say this: expect some very cool news and worldwide distribution soon. Later this year you'll be able to buy our cd's and shirts everywhere. :) 

That's Awesome News to hear, CONGRATS! If thing's really take off there might be a tour in North America. If Your band swing's thru New York I'd definitely would check one of the show's out.

May 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #3,174 of 29,667

Quote:
Yeah, we played Finland last year with Dark Funeral, Zonaria and Nefarium. I wasn't there though, had other obligations with another band. I hope to tour there next year! 

Cool! I would really like to see what Carach Angren is on live sometime.

May 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #3,175 of 29,667
Quote:
Ha! That's cool. Be'lakor are well on their way to becoming one of the true greats in the genre, and they are already up there with Virgin Black in terms of the top of the Australian metal scene which is really impressive after just two albums. I'm definitely looking forward to more stuff from Barren Earth. I just picked up their first four track EP, and while it definitely isn't as polished as the debut album, it's still very good. Here are a few tracks for you to check out:

I got around to downloading Barren Earth, dude. It's very good stuff. 'Our Twilight', 'Forlorn Waves' and 'The Ritual of Dawn' stand out as the killer cuts for me. Moonsorrow influences are often very blatant, which is definitely an awesome thing :). That mellow bit in 'Our Twilight' with the clean vocals is rad; reminds me a lot of Opeth.

May 18, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #3,176 of 29,667

Quote:
Have you guys heard the new Enslaved EP? It's excellent, the first couple of tracks have some great hooks and are surprisingly catchy for Enslaved. Halfway through it takes a dramatic shift towards the dark and gothic, and has an interesting closer. It's freely available to download. Not sure what exactly it has to do with selling baby Toyotas, but who cares?

wow this is awesome news. i havent listened to enslaved in awhile, ill def download this when i get home.

do you know if there gonna follow up with a full length?

May 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #3,178 of 29,667

Quote:
wow this is awesome news. i havent listened to enslaved in awhile, ill def download this when i get home.

do you know if there gonna follow up with a full length?

I would guess that they'll have a new album next year. The last several Enslaved albums have all been two years apart, so if they continue with that pattern, the follow up to Axioma should be 2012.

May 18, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #3,179 of 29,667

Quote:
Finally got around to getting the new Scar Symmetry album. I'm impressed and happy because once Christian left, my interest fell. Glad they are back with a great album.

That's interesting. The critical response to their latest has been mixed at best. I did not like the first post Christian album, and I haven't listened to the new one yet because of the mediocre reviews. I'll have to check  out a few tracks on youtube.

May 19, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #3,180 of 29,667

Quote:
I would guess that they'll have a new album next year. The last several Enslaved albums have all been two years apart, so if they continue with that pattern, the follow up to Axioma should be 2012.

I don't know what just happened:  Its like my neural network adapted to Enslaves sound signature over the course of one song.  I downloaded the EP and listened to track #2, "Alu Misyrki," and all of sudden I had an awakening.  Usually it takes years for my tastes to adapt or to have some sort of realization about a band I didn't enjoy at first but developed a taste (and vice-a-versa). 

Call it refinement, music evolution, growing up, people change, whatever...

But after listening to the EP and then going back to Axioma, I can wholeheartily say I now get *it.*  Tracks like Night Sight and Waruun are just epic.  Night Sight is special because they combine several musical styles in one kick-ass cohesive unit.  The clean vocals in Night Sight don't distract from its heavy nature at the core.  Really awesome.

Very strange.  Now I have to go buy more Enslaved...and now I'm bummed I didn't see them live....sigh...

I remember listening to a lot of Enslaved on the HM-601 which I have sold in preparation for the JH3A/JH16Pro.  Right now I am using a Pico amp/DAC with a pair of TripleFi 10's....

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back