Lets Talk Metal
May 25, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #3,196 of 29,648
what are your favorite earth releases?

You should check out Black Boned ANgel if your a fan of doom drone in the style of sunn, Boris, ect.

May 25, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #3,197 of 29,648
also whose that dude in your avatar?

May 25, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #3,198 of 29,648
I know BBA, great stuff. Fav Earth is HEX: 

Quote:
also whose that dude in your avatar?

The dude in the avatar is me. Why does everyone keep asking me that all the time!? 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 25, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #3,200 of 29,648
what band are you in sir?

Hex is great. My fav. would probably be Pentastar. I really hope to make it to Deathfest in the next day. EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT A BAND CALLED ILSA. Great death/doom/sludge. In the vein of Coffins minus the large thrash influence.

May 25, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #3,202 of 29,648
Any Cave In fans here?
Their new album "White Silence" is out.
I love all the stuff of theirs I have heard (Beyond Hypothermia, Until Your Heart Stops, Jupiter, Antenna) but haven't heard any of their newer stuff.

May 25, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #3,203 of 29,648

Quote:
Quote:

I look much better in corpse paint. Chicks diggit. 

Hmmm... I have to try that the next time I go to bar... :)

Totally unrelated to this thread, I cant believe I have never done this before. I am on holiday ATM, and so far everything I have done is playing with my computer, drinking beer and growing my fat arse in the process. So I decided to go out. Loaded my mp3 full of Drudkh and took a stroll in the small forest nearby. A beautiful (if windy) summer day, good music that fits the enviroment, simply a great experience! Until the back of my feet started to burn like hell that is... I had a real king of ideas and decided to wear my new armyboots, to break them in you know. Urgh...

May 25, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #3,204 of 29,648

Quote:
anyone here a fan of doom/sludge/drone/ambient?

Turn on your Subwoofer and bump up the volume! Well... Dont expect much from Youtube quality.

Whenever 2:35 kicks in I get goosebumps.

Oh, and I cant pass this opportunity to mention Wormphlegm again.

Interesting fanmade music video. Could pass as official! Very eerie and scary as hell, and fits the music like a glove. Unfortunately it is only about 10 minutes long, original song is about 30 minutes. :b
*edit* I now have an urge to see the movie this music videos clips are from. They look so mindblowingly eerie...

May 25, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #3,206 of 29,648

Quote:

Turn on your Subwoofer and bump up the volume! Well... Dont expect much from Youtube quality.

Whenever 2:35 kicks in I get goosebumps.

Oh, and I cant pass this opportunity to mention Wormphlegm again.

Interesting fanmade music video. Could pass as official! Very eerie and scary as hell, and fits the music like a glove. Unfortunately it is only about 10 minutes long, original song is about 30 minutes. :b
*edit* I now have an urge to see the movie this music videos clips are from. They look so mindblowingly eerie...

MaZa, you are a scary dude....no doubt about it....scary....lol...

Btw, that video reminds of the The Ring movie (Japanese horror remake)...

May 25, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #3,208 of 29,648
These guys are always good IMO, put on a decent live show too.  Here is one of two new songs they play live off the new album, Iconclast due out June 21st (same with In Flames, and I think same with Sepultura's Kairos....):

May 25, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #3,210 of 29,648

Quote:
lol sometimes trogdor, im convinced you just troll this thread on purpose 
tongue_smile.gif

No, no, I owe Dave BIG TIME.  He has suggested some fantastic new music to me (as have you and rehab and MaZa)!  I have thanked him several times for this in this thread.  Actually Dave and I seem to have very similar tastes in music....except In Flames.... :p

C'mon the new In Flames is not THAT bad....plus I think there are folks who read this thread who would like to know about their new album (purely educational purposes).

And now for something completely new but not:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back