Lets Talk Metal
May 26, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #3,211 of 29,650

Quote:
Dave, turn off your HM-801 for this one and cover your ears (another leaked song off the new album from In Flames, Sounds of a Playground Fading I believe):

Dangit, I was too late again. I have yet to hear any samples from their upcoming album, they all get taken down fast.

May 26, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #3,213 of 29,650
Off of opeth.com:

""We can exclusively reveal that the new Opeth album will be titled 'HERITAGE'. The record is due for release through Roadrunner Records in September. More details to follow soon."

Shweet.

May 26, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #3,214 of 29,650

Quote:
Dave, turn off your HM-801 for this one and cover your ears (another leaked song off the new album from In Flames, Sounds of a Playground Fading I believe):

Hahah. Eh it's better than the last one I guess, but still nothing that makes me want to get the album. It's been reposted for those that want to hear it (better hurry!)

May 26, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #3,216 of 29,650

Quote:
The official video for Deliver Us has been released on YouTube:

Eeeeh.... I am getting huge Linkin Park vibe out of this vid. crappy song but that is to be expected. However the song DaveBSC posted was actually quite decent. Very close to mid-era In Flames stuff.

May 26, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #3,217 of 29,650

Quote:
Any Cave In fans here?
Their new album "White Silence" is out.
I love all the stuff of theirs I have heard (Beyond Hypothermia, Until Your Heart Stops, Jupiter, Antenna) but haven't heard any of their newer stuff.

Cave In are great. I dig pretty much everything Hydra Head has ever released.

May 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #3,219 of 29,650

Quote:
Eeeeh.... I am getting huge Linkin Park vibe out of this vid. crappy song but that is to be expected. However the song DaveBSC posted was actually quite decent. Very close to mid-era In Flames stuff.

MaZa, when you're right, you're right...after a few listens I got a LPark vibe out of it as well (I still like Deliver Us as a radio friendly tune though). 

But the second song was definitely decent.

Though I hate saying this....I think Dave might be right:  This maybe another A Sense of Purpose album which would be a bummer.

Well I still have Barren Earth to keep me company.

May 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #3,220 of 29,650
In Flames sucks so many donkey balls I don't understand why their bass player ever left his former band, one of my favourite Gothenburg death metal bands ever.

Everyone who prefers In Flames (post Whoracle) to Sacrilege is a total... well, you know. Just don't talk to me. 
tongue_smile.gif

May 26, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #3,221 of 29,650
Wow, Aphotic is damn good. This is a heavy record, to the point where it makes you wonder where doom stops and death starts. As usual Paul's vocals are fantastic, and the production is excellent. The only track I'm not so sure about is "What Could Have Been" - basically the single soft spot on an otherwise crushing record. Anneke's vocals are fine, its just the massive shift from face smash to gothic velvet and then back to face smash is a bit odd. Maybe it would've worked better as the closer, following the relatively mellow "Shadow Play", rather than sit right in the middle.

May 27, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #3,222 of 29,650

Quote:
In Flames sucks so many donkey balls I don't understand why their bass player ever left his former band, one of my favourite Gothenburg death metal bands ever.

Everyone who prefers In Flames (post Whoracle) to Sacrilege is a total... well, you know. Just don't talk to me. 
tongue_smile.gif

LOL.

May 27, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #3,223 of 29,650

Quote:
Wow, Aphotic is damn good. This is a heavy record, to the point where it makes you wonder where doom stops and death starts. As usual Paul's vocals are fantastic, and the production is excellent. The only track I'm not so sure about is "What Could Have Been" - basically the single soft spot on an otherwise crushing record. Anneke's vocals are fine, its just the massive shift from face smash to gothic velvet and then back to face smash is a bit odd. Maybe it would've worked better as the closer, following the relatively mellow "Shadow Play", rather than sit right in the middle.

Sp I saw the video to "What Could Have Been?" and immediately went, pass.  I will go back and take another listen.

May 27, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #3,224 of 29,650

Quote:
Sp I saw the video to "What Could Have Been?" and immediately went, pass.  I will go back and take another listen.

Yeah, you need to hear the rest. It's a beast of an album. Dan Swano also provides guest vocals on one of the tracks, but I apparently missed them the first time around. Definitely not like his vocals on Evemaster's album which take center stage..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back