Lets Talk Metal
Jun 4, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #3,241 of 29,651
I've had some time to listen to the new Arch Enemy, Khaos Legions, from beginning to end and I'm sorry to say that it's a disappointment. Arch Enemy has recycled some bits and pieces of their work on earlier records, but several of the riffs and melodies on Khaos Legions are near copy/paste from 7 years ago. The album just feels and sounds phoned in, which is a bit of a surprise given the amount of time between the last record. You would think 4 years would be enough time to come up with some new hooks that really sink in, but there's almost nothing memorable here at all. There's not even much in the way of leads until well past the middle of the album, and the thin production doesn't help matters. I can't really give it more than 5.5/10

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #3,243 of 29,651

Quote:
Here's another Begotten music video

Turning it into a music video is the only use the movie serves. I mean, it being pretty crap and all.

After some research it seems like Begotten is either love it or hate it thing, being rather unconventional movie or something. I'm still curious. Good song though!

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #3,246 of 29,651
Tomorrow morning I'm off to Sauna Open Air Metal Festival in Tampere. Judas Priest, Saxon and Ozzy Osbourne are the lead artists. Other bands include Omnium Gatherum, Helloween, Moosorrow (hell yeah!), Turisas, Cavalera Conspiracy, Rytmihäiriö, Viikate, Doro, Joey Belladonna's solo band, Dio Disciples (Dio coverband? Hell yeah!), Tarot, Queenscrÿche, Accept, Anthriel, Battle Beast, Blake, Mokoma and Sparzanza.

3 days of good music! Cant wait! Hopefully this time we dont get struck by downburst storm or trombi (small tornado in finnish) like in Sonisphere last year... :) That was quite miserable and dangerous experience.

After each day there are night gigs in some bar, including bands like Deathchain and Kiuas. Not yet sure if I am going there though.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #3,248 of 29,651
So, Morbid Angel's latest album has leaked... I said few pages back that TOO EXTREME is a contender for worst song title ever. Not only is it that, it is propably one of the worst songs ever. I seriously could endure it bit over halfway before giving up on disbelief. What is this crap!? Words are not enough to describe this, so just listen...

Seriously, if Morbid Angel REALLY wants to try this electronic/deathmetal combination, they should atleast take a listen on The Berzerker how to do it somewhat properly. (unless MA is aiming for something else? I cant really tell) That isnt particularly great band either, but definetly more worthy of using "Too extreme!" title as their songs really are bloody intense.
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #3,251 of 29,651

Quote:
It will be sweet. My 9 friends and I are all going to pile into a van and drive for 2 hours to get to that concert.

Just bought tickets and I am totally stoked.  I have never seen Opeth live.  I might be going to two shows when all is said and done.  We'll see.  Can't wait.

Hopefully 'Heritage' is out by then.

Jun 8, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #3,252 of 29,651
Even better Morbid Angel should listen to The Amenta if they also want good industrial death metal.

I'll just leave this here about the new Morbid Angel.  I know these videos are done to death but this one's funny as hell.

Jun 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #3,255 of 29,651
[size=12.0pt]Altars of Madness[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Blessed Are the Sick[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Covenant[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Domination[/size]
[size=12.0pt]Formulas Fatal to the Flesh[/size]
[size=12.0pt] Gateways to Annihilation[/size]
[size=12.0pt] Heretic[/size]     
[size=12.0pt]I kinda knew Morbid Angel’s new album would be bad.[/size]
[size=12.0pt]I am very familiar with all the past albums except Formulas Fatal to the Flesh. I feel they peaked with Gateways to Annihilation. Heretic was un-listenable. I guess we have to be grateful for everything they made. I can listen to their back catalogue as it still sounds fresh.  [/size]

1. [size=12.0pt]Black Earth[/size][size=12.0pt] (1996)[/size]
  2. [size=12.0pt]Stigmata[/size][size=12.0pt] (1998)[/size]
  3. [size=12.0pt]Burning Bridges[/size][size=12.0pt] (1999)[/size]
  4. [size=12.0pt]Wages of Sin[/size][size=12.0pt] (2001)[/size]
  5. [size=12.0pt]Anthems of Rebellion[/size][size=12.0pt] (2003)[/size]
  6. [size=12.0pt]Doomsday Machine[/size][size=12.0pt] (2005)[/size]
  7. [size=12.0pt]Rise of the Tyrant[/size][size=12.0pt] (2007)[/size]
  8. [size=12.0pt]The Root of All Evil[/size][size=12.0pt] (2009)[/size]
I figure that it is a good call to still get into Arch Enemy’s back catalogue instead of getting the new one.
Wages of Sin …..2001….. was wonderful         ( 4 out of 5)
Doomsday Machine…..2005……This is one of my favorite metal albums ever made. The SQ is fantastic!      (5 out of 5)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back