Lets Talk Metal
Apr 2, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #2,941 of 29,662

rehab, so are Coroner back together in full force?  I can't seem to figure this out by Googling.  Help!

Encyclopaedia Metallum is the usually informative site:

"The band reunited in June 2010 as they announced that they will play Hellfest Summer Open Air 2011. Later on they announced more dates in Europe as well as in North America."

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=117

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #2,942 of 29,662

Quote:

I read you listen to Lady Gaga. You are not brutals. 

BTW, I'm gonna post some of my favourite tracks from the nineties. I'm having a nostalgia trip. 

Apr 3, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #2,943 of 29,662

Quote:
I read you listen to Lady Gaga. You are not brutals. 

hahaha i do indeed listen to lady gaga, i love lady gaga! i also periodically listen to Katy Perry....Dont really think that should make any difference on the metal i listen to. but to each their own.

on another note, im also finding Surtur Rising to not have many standouts, i like slaves of fear and destroyer of the universe but not much else really makes an impression. I think what im finding is that WOoOS was the exception to the standard Amon Amarth sound, but i love that cd, and i think i might like Surtur Rising more than Twilight of the Thunder God. but i love that thrashier sound of WOoOS!

another new release that just doesnt leave much of an impression is the new Within Temptation. Angry Metal Guy's blog liked it an awful lot, and its just kinda meh, cant stand up to The Silent Force or The Heart of Everything at all.

So far this year, i think that Digital Veil by The Human Abstract and Discovery by Born of Osiris are the best new metal cds.

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #2,946 of 29,662
Hey Trogz,
It seems the world is finally catching up with Coroner.  Imo they were artistically way ahead of the curve back then.  In some ways they have still never been touched.

Coroner have reformed (temporarily?) to play a small number of shows, including a headlining slot at Hellfest.  They have also indicated that they will release a dvd from their farewell tour of 1996, entitled "Coroner: Funeral".  I'm not expecting any new material to be released.  The original lineup is augmented by Daniel Stossel playing samples, as indicated in the following videos.  For more info, check out the Coroner message board, which is populated by a small number of Coroner tragics like me.  

I wept with joy on watching these videos.  Best news in metal for 15 years.  I hope they rake in a truck-load of cash, because they deserve it for being ignored back in the day.
http://www.amusis.ch/medien/weekfile/CORONER_MAI2010.mov
http://www.amusis.ch/medien/weekfile/CoronerSneakPreview1b.mov
http://www.amusis.ch/medien/weekfile/Coroner_at_Amusis.mov

Living in Australia, I'll never have the privilege to see them play, so I am relying on tapers and dimeadozen.org to help me enjoy their shows vicariously.  I strongly recommend anyone who has the chance; go see them!  This opportunity will probably never happen again.

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #2,948 of 29,662

Quote:
Quote:

rehab, so are Coroner back together in full force?  I can't seem to figure this out by Googling.  Help!

Encyclopaedia Metallum is the usually informative site:

"The band reunited in June 2010 as they announced that they will play Hellfest Summer Open Air 2011. Later on they announced more dates in Europe as well as in North America."

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=117

Thanks for that.  I tried Wikipedia and for some reason I *thought* I saw Hellfest Summer Open Air 2010 not 2011 which had me confused.  With that said the Metallum link is off the Wikipedia page (mea culpa).

Do they even have a site (if not, they should get one, even a MySuck page)?  I'd like to give Coroner a second chance given how passionate rehab is about them.

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #2,950 of 29,662
It's good to finally hear from Detonation again. Amazing that SO MANY god awful *insert name*-core bands get signed, but these guys can't get back on a label after their initial contract.

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #2,951 of 29,662

Quote:
Ordered Amon Amarth and took the chance to get some missing stuff.

THX for reminding me I have to play Frost by Enslaved again I love that CD!

Apr 5, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #2,953 of 29,662
Listened to the new Protest the Hero.  On first listen, it reminds me of a heavier Coheed and Cambria (hope that doesn't offend anyone). Its the lead singer's voice!

Apr 5, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #2,955 of 29,662
Doesn't offend me (shouldn't offend anyone except the singer of PTH), but I disagree. It doesn't sound to me like him.

Quote:
Listened to the new Protest the Hero.  On first listen, it reminds me of a heavier Coheed and Cambria (hope that doesn't offend anyone). Its the lead singer's voice!

On a side note i will be getting the new BTBAM album soon. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back