Lets Talk Metal
Apr 5, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #2,956 of 29,676

Quote:

Crying is not brutals. 

Perhaps, but unflinching honesty is.

FYI crying is probably the best way to get a massive hit of endorphins (read: pure ecstasy).  Music makes me weep on a regular basis and if it doesn't you, you're missing out dude 
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #2,958 of 29,676

Quote:
Perhaps, but unflinching honesty is.

FYI crying is probably the best way to get a massive hit of endorphins (read: pure ecstasy).  Music makes me weep on a regular basis and if it doesn't you, you're missing out dude 
wink.gif

Dude. I was kidding. I love pugs and play the harp. If anything, those things aren't brutal. 
wink_face.gif
 And the only song that ever made me cry is "We who fell in love with the sea" by Rome.

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #2,959 of 29,676
Yeah I figured you were. I was just taking the opportunity to climb back on the soapbox and impart a pearl of wisdom or two :wink:

The dichotomy of the modern metlahead rears it's misshappen head....

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #2,960 of 29,676
That was a good song.  Speaking of cry-worthy songs, this one works for me (probably should start a thread):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YDF_g2ierM

Oh! the goosebumps! Such pleasure. Must be something about 7/8.

The Greenless Wreath
At last in the trembling leaves
This bone-cage slips away
Lost in the shivering trees
Your absent voice is clay
Last breath of green
First breath of stone
Sweep this cage of bone

Hungry for your desperate dreams
I hold exhaustion close
The shining world is all that it seems
I fall in love with ghosts
Whispering to you
Through reconstructed teeth
A cage of bone in the greenless wreath

Last breath of green
First breath of stone

You may be saddened to learn that The Sleepytime Gorilla Museum will be closing it's doors for good after a handful of hometown gigs this week.  R.I.P.

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #2,961 of 29,676
Apr 6, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #2,962 of 29,676
Me likes. Sweet and brutals at the same time :)

Quote:
also, this i for you bullseye, found another sweet tech death band on heavy blog is heavy called first fragment

BTW, I listened to the new THA - Digital Veil album and it is good. A nice turn from the last album. Will give it more listens for sure.

The new Obscura album is also very metal. Will get back with some more impressions of the latest music I am listening to. 

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #2,963 of 29,676

Quote:
Me likes. Sweet and brutals at the same time :)

BTW, I listened to the new THA - Digital Veil album and it is good. A nice turn from the last album. Will give it more listens for sure.

The new Obscura album is also very metal. Will get back with some more impressions of the latest music I am listening to. 

glad you liked them, they reaminded me of a slightly more melodic version of like fleshgod apocalypse or hour of penance.

Im also enjoying the new Obscura album, I'm still waiting on my copy from relapse, they ran out of the t shirt i wanted with it. But the bass is so freaking good on that cd!! dudes a beast on that fretless bass.

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #2,965 of 29,676

This is one great album

Apr 10, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #2,968 of 29,676
I had listened to the previous work of Born of Osiris - A Higher Place and I thought it was good (not great, not bad) and that in some songs they showed a lot of potential. However I didn't expect them to mature so much for this release. They did surprise me with this album. 

Quote:
agreed, who'da thought that i would like a Born of Osiris release more than the same weeks Protest the Hero one...

this is also pretty great

The Across the Sun sounds good. Will check em out when I have time. 

Apr 10, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #2,969 of 29,676

Quote:
I had listened to the previous work of Born of Osiris - A Higher Place and I thought it was good (not great, not bad) and that in some songs they showed a lot of potential. However I didn't expect them to mature so much for this release. They did surprise me with this album. 

i feel exactly the same way. i even own a higher place, and it aint bad. but nothing special. i was at best buy buying the new Protest the Hero and saw it there as well, and decided, ah what the hell i just grab that too. And boy was i impressed when i finally listened to it. they matured alot.

yeah, i finally checked them out cause Allegaeon was talking them up quite a bit on twiter, and they're actually pretty darn good for a metalcore band. which is twice this year that ive liked a new metalcore cd, with THA being the other.

Apr 10, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #2,970 of 29,676
Oh man, you mentioned THA, and man they have become so darn epic! Check out this song! It is very brutals. 
L3000.gif

Allegaeon also have some nice riffs. Need to listen to their album as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back