Lets Talk Metal
Mar 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #287 of 29,666
BTW I ordered Blotted Science "The Machinations of Dementia" last week from CDBaby. So..hopefully..it will arrive today...
049.gif

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #288 of 29,666
Another band to look up, then, might be "Ephel Duath"; They take the idea of "Jazz Metal" to an extreme. Not sure if you're into that, but it's worth a try.

Mar 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #289 of 29,666
You might also be looking forward to the new Atheist
biggrin.gif
I've reath it will feature a cover of Rush YYZ...

Mar 10, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #295 of 29,666
May I bust into this thread?
Me: Old Fart but always looking for new good music.
Some of you mentioned Opeth, so i took a look on youtube and liked what I saw. Based on that I crossed my fingers and ordered the Lamentations DVD. Got it yesterday and was completely blown away. I had a BSEG from start to finish. OMG OMG OMG.
Which CDs to get though? Hep me hep me....

Mar 10, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #296 of 29,666
Quote:

May I bust into this thread?
Me: Old Fart but always looking for new good music.
Some of you mentioned Opeth, so i took a look on youtube and liked what I saw. Based on that I crossed my fingers and ordered the Lamentations DVD. Got it yesterday and was completely blown away. I had a BSEG from start to finish. OMG OMG OMG.
Which CDs to get though? Hep me hep me....

My personal favorites:
Watershed
Ghost Reveries
Blackwater Park

Some people say their older stuff is better (Still Life, etc), but I think the new albums are amazing.

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #297 of 29,666
Well if you liked the whole DVD from start to finish then start with the oldest CD of theirs you can find and work all the way up to Watershed

Orchid
Morningrise
My Arms, Your Hearse
Still Life
Blackwater Park (not my favorite, but pretty good)
Deliverance
Damnation
Ghost Reveries

but.. also check out Watershed as well.. two band members left at that point so its a different band makeup.. may like, may not, but .. you'll be very busy with their original work
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #299 of 29,666
SOAD ain't metal

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #300 of 29,666
you havent lived until you bang on def leppards 'high n dry' cassette in your drop top on a hazy summer evening circa 85', cruising on the freeway for a few hours toward your marks residence in mission viejo

you ffw to 'another hit and run' and blaze it, hair blowing as you roll, feeling the adrenaline of what the evening ahead holds, the law passes you by, nothing related to you though, they are heading home for the night, the album unfurling as the soundtrack of the night

you laugh demonically in the rear view as the guitar riffs cement this fated night into infamy moreso, as the black blanket descends over the starry, smog riddled skies, inhaling the pale waning moonlight leaving you to take refuse amongst the suburban shadows cast as you make your final approach off the fast lanes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back