Lets Talk Metal
Mar 3, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #271 of 29,680
Talking about black metal, you guys like Illnath?

They got some nice songs

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #272 of 29,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...MAN Kayito-san that Blotted Science is fantastic! MaZa ifyou haven't checked them out yet you MUST...I am trippin on this right now off the horrid SQ of myspace. I have to find that CD TODAY!!

Yes, I checked out Blotted Science earlier, and yes they are VERY good song writers. GREAT riffs and all, but it really needs a vocalist of some kind. Mastery, an instrumental Thrash Metal is easier to listen without vocalist, propably because its much simpler music. But I just need to get used to this, they are still very good songs.

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #273 of 29,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talking about black metal, you guys like Illnath?

They got some nice songs

Listening the first song from Myspace, and I am not too impressed. Too COF like in my ears and riffs are bit heavymetal/powermetal esque.

*edit* Now listening Cast Into Fields Of Evil Pleasure song. Much better song, and less heavy/powermetal and more blackmetallish with their tremolo melody and all, but if this isnt a ripping off from Cradle Of Filth, I dont know what is!

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #274 of 29,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...or if I feel like brown-nosing for some reason I call you Kayito-sama, but whatever...
tongue.gif

You're hired!-- I mean... Aw, crap.

I know that the lack of vocals makes the music seem almost too disconnected, but I think that vocals would take away from the sound and technical mastery that are so apparent in the music. I mean, there's really no vocalist who would be able to compliment such playing without sounding redundant. In order to add vocals properly, they would need to simplify passages and add some repetition-- and that, IMO, would greatly take away from their signature uncompromising sound and color.

There are so few bands that can pull off Instrumental only and still keep it interesting, Blotted Science is happily one of them.

Mar 4, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #278 of 29,680
Ravn told during the show that the album is out May 19th.

They played a song from the upcoming album. Can't fully judge from a live show, but the guitars sound especially different from Hellfire, Celtic Frost sound was all over the place in the song.

I felt it had Punk'ish style :/

Mar 4, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #280 of 29,680
I thought F.O.A.D. was kina cool actually...

Mar 5, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #281 of 29,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What can I say. We are just so happy!
biggrin.gif
[size=xx-small]now i feel nauseous[/size]

But then there are bands like Negura Bunget. Fantastic and spiritual music with elements from progressive metal and such. If you havent heard them, check album OM today! This is a good direction where modern blackmetal should be headed as a music.

Funny I was just about to suggest Negura Bunget, and found you had already mentioned it! I highly recommend Om, and all of their other albums.

I also suggest Anaal Nathrakh for something in the opposite direction of progressive black metal.

Mar 5, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #282 of 29,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree man. I think Blotted is tremendous just as they are. Kind of metal jazz or something...no lyrics needed IMO...

In that vein, I'm listening to Dave Brubeck right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Man, I need to expand my Jazz repertoire.

Mar 5, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #283 of 29,680
Speaking of metal, another favourite album of mine is Spiritual Apocalypse by Monstrosity. Fantastically fast, brutal metal thats very well produced as well. Excellent drumming super cool riffs make it one of those rare albums where every single song is awesome!

Mar 8, 2009 at 2:32 PM Post #284 of 29,680
Recently saw Soilwork, Darkane, Warbringer and Swallow the Sun. Warbringer is a relatively new thrash band from California that kicks some serious ass. Great stage presence. Highly recommend. Swallow the Sun is a great new band also...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back