Lets Talk Metal
Mar 3, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #256 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Silencer. Suicidial blackmetal. Warning, the singer gets on the nerves! Sounds pathetic whiner really

The vocalist for Silencer rocks. He makes all the other black metal vocalists sound like wimps.

Mar 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #257 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The vocalist for Silencer rocks. He makes all the other black metal vocalists sound like wimps.

No, he is a weak whiner screaming pathetically how much life has kicked in the head, or atleast he sounds like that. Makes me want to grab him from the shirt, shake him and scream "Get a grip god damnit!!!" on his face. But his music is good, very good.

Mar 3, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #258 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, he is a weak whiner screaming pathetically how much life has kicked in the head, or atleast he sounds like that. Makes me want to grab him from the shirt, shake him and scream "Get a grip god damnit!!!" on his face.

You will have a hard time convincing me that you have not just described 95% of all black metal vocalists out there...
o2smile.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:09 PM Post #259 of 29,687
Any of you guys remember The Deadlights? I think they had one self-titled album(2000). That album is pretty good. The song "Junk" is just wicked. Oh well...just pulling one out of the archives...heehehe I also might add that this CD sounds unbelieveable through the D-7000's...WOW!!

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #260 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will have a hard time convincing me that you have not just described 95% of all black metal vocalists out there...
o2smile.gif

I errr.
redface.gif

Ok, let me try again. Majority of blackmetal vocalists are (supposedly) either powerfull screams of cold hate or distant ghost-like shrieks. Cheesy as hell, but its good cheese and I LOVE cheese.
smily_headphones1.gif
I leave Inquisition out, that bands vocalist is just downright amusing and belongs in completely different category.
biggrin.gif

Silencer sounds so... vulnerable? Like a cat that has all his bones broken and about to die? For the love of god, help me, I cant find the words... Totally opposite to what majority of blackmetal vocalists try to be.

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #261 of 29,687
A shrieky crying whine that comes from a worldview of sheer hopelessness and utter desperation? You HAVE to seek real truth. This life is NOT an illusion. We are not meaningless protozoa...LOL

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #265 of 29,687
You can't deny that Black Metal is one genre that has shown the least growth in the past. They have a method that works, but the thing that irritates me the most is that due to that "troo" mentality, black metal bands are often afraid to-- or forced not to-- experiment; and experimentation is how the genre was even created. If nobody bothered to experiment with sound, we'd all be listening to various blends of chamber music, and maybe the odd minstrel-band. And minstrels are gay.

IMO, of course.

Also @ Fido2 & MaZa: lolwhut.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #266 of 29,687
LOL...MAN Kayito-san that Blotted Science is fantastic! MaZa ifyou haven't checked them out yet you MUST...I am trippin on this right now off the horrid SQ of myspace. I have to find that CD TODAY!!

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #267 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...MAN Kayito-san that Blotted Science is fantastic! MaZa ifyou haven't checked them out yet you MUST...I am trippin on this right now off the horrid SQ of myspace. I have to find that CD TODAY!!

Improbable. It's a very limited release.

iTunes might have it, otherwise you'll just have to torre-- I mean... you'll just have to do without. Wink.

Also, on the subject of my name, as a point of interest, it's a japanese nickname about equivalent to "Mr.George" in english. You can shorten it to Ksan like most people do, if you fancy.

Mar 3, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #269 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about just "K" ? CDbaby has the disc it looks like. I'm sure I can order it somewhere. Yeah finding it today might be a scoche difficult.

Seriously? Wow, when I think "Blotted Science", I think "totally inaccessible", both in sound and availability.

"-san" is the equivalent of "Mr.-"
It's just a formality, but it's a formality that I enjoy. Seriously, a chick calls me "Sir" and I'm all ears.
devil_face.gif

Make of that what you will.

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #270 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayito-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't deny that Black Metal is one genre that has shown the least growth in the past. They have a method that works, but the thing that irritates me the most is that due to that "troo" mentality, black metal bands are often afraid to-- or forced not to-- experiment; and experimentation is how the genre was even created. If nobody bothered to experiment with sound, we'd all be listening to various blends of chamber music, and maybe the odd minstrel-band. And minstrels are gay.

IMO, of course.

Also @ Fido2 & MaZa: lolwhut.

What can I say. We are just so happy!
biggrin.gif
[size=xx-small]now i feel nauseous[/size]

Yes, hasnt grown much, but that is also a good thing. For example some bands that have tried to modernize blackmetal sound but still keeping basic blackmetal structure, like Keep Of Kalessin, have failed miserably in my opinion. Too clean and too soulless. It just doesnt work. Blackened deathmetal like Zyklon works so much better.

But then there are bands like Negura Bunget. Fantastic and spiritual music with elements from progressive metal and such. If you havent heard them, check album OM today! This is a good direction where modern blackmetal should be headed as a music.

Also when blackmetal has influenced by other genres like ambient, products have been fantastic. Darkspace is good example. Basically blackmetal, but must be listened as ambient music. Good stuff, and like to see more of this kind of blackmetal. So yes, experimentation is a good thing in blackmetal.

TR00 blackmetal ring is getting smaller and smaller as time passes, but its also good that they do still exist aswell. Oldschool blackmetal hasnt lost its appeal. Too bad that majority of its fans are morons.

Quote:

Seriously? Wow, when I think "Blotted Science", I think "totally inaccessible", both in sound and availability.

"-san" is the equivalent of "Mr.-"
It's just a formality, but it's a formality that I enjoy. Seriously, a chick calls me "Sir" and I'm all ears.

Make of that what you will

...or if I feel like brown-nosing for some reason I call you Kayito-sama, but whatever...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back