Lets Talk Metal
Jan 11, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #121 of 29,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you guys ever listen to Otep or Kittie or stuff like that? I kind of dig it. They are not on the approved list but hey they pretty good IMO.

I have a couple Otep albums, not my favorite female vocal metal but not a ton to choose from:
Otep - Ascension
Otep - House of Secrets

Kittie...........name should be a red flag
redface.gif

I tried a couple but quickly sold them off, seemed watered down to me

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #122 of 29,663
Oh yeah, i forgot to mention BEHEMOTH! I have only heard The Apostasy (2007) and it kicks ass

Will have to check the other albums, and I think they are going to release a new album soon.

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #123 of 29,663
^DarkAngel: I like Otep. She is very honest about her past and very emotional. I like purity of emotion or thought in music. You know, artists that really pour themselves out. Even if I don't agree with the message or the ideas of the artist I still can enjoy their sincerity and purity. It's for real to them...you know what I mean? The Otep Sevas Tra (art saves backwards) album is a good one. That "Battle Ready" song is pretty killer. The Kittie "SPiT" album is good. Yeah not super hardcore but definitely their best one IMO. Did you check the Newlydeads? lol

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #124 of 29,663
Haha
hahahahaha
hahahahahahaha
That made my day, didn't know they were taken seriously by anyone who didn't shop at hot topic and/or over the age of 14.

Oh wow, and you just said a band sounded watered down, but you like Mastodon. Great stuff.

This is about mastodon.

If you want great female fronted metal, go get a copy of Acid's self titled album. Some heavy/speed metal.

Jan 12, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #125 of 29,663
Oh look; a 'you are not as br00tal as me' (aka 'my dad's bigger than your dad') post. Any surprise there were multiple metal threads? Any attempt to have a united thread ends up with some wanker preaching about his d*ck size instead of discussing music.

Congratulations. You win the internet.

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #126 of 29,663
Come on guys...why letting a good metal thread degenerate in a flame war ? Don't behave like some super-angry teenagers discussing how brutal is the last Korn album ...thank god there are very few individuals like these on the forums...
biggrin.gif

BTW i have purchased a copy of Nile's Ithyphallic on vinyl, does anyone have it ? I hope it is better mastered than the cds...i'm very curious about how well will that kind of music sound on vinyl...

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #127 of 29,663
lol..no Mr. Wilson you win the internet. You're obviously much more mature, sophisticated and intellectually advanced than the rest of us. We enjoy quibbling about who's the best. We know it's pointless and completely subjective but hey It's all love...hehehehe
Tell us what's really on your mind man...is it "wankers" and "d*cks"? ...lmao...just kiddin friend

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #128 of 29,663
Just a heads up: all those of you guys who hadn't check out the reissue of Sigh's Imaginary Sonicscape should do so. The new mastering is awesome, one of the greatest experimental metal album just got even better.

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #129 of 29,663
Question for Head-Fiers

When you go to a metal concert do you:

1)Stand at a close distance of the stage, standing away from the Mosh Pit
2) You like getting in the Mosh Pit, headbanging, "pushing" others, and letting the music flow through your head
3) Middle distance from stage, where you can watch relaxed whilst headbanging
4) At the back of the hall, following the music because you don't like the loud sound coming from the speakers

Answer referring to numbers please

My case: number 2) I like getting in the mosh pit, taking all the stress out while following the music. That is what i will do on the 25th, Amon Amarth's concert. 1) or 3) before a staggering riff kicks in

\m/

EDIT: Thnks Maza for giving me the correct term

Jan 13, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #131 of 29,663
3 or 1. The pogo thing is more widely known as Mosh pit in metal world.

Though I admit, when some really tight and aggressive bands really starts to thrash, and some breakdown riff kicks in, I dont mind if people start moshpitting (mellowly and following the mosh etiquette) around me, it raises the atmosphere. But leave me out of it, I want to concentrate on headbanging and music, not moshpitting and keeping my balance.

Jan 14, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #132 of 29,663
I'm pretty much a strict #1. I'm too old for moshing but never too old for #1. I've gotten lots of guitar picks over the years this way. Jason Newstead, Zakk Wylde (I reached up and pulled it off his guitar) and most recently Ted Lundström. (Now if I just knew where they were all at.) I wear earplugs at shows since up at the front it's just too loud, pull I pull them out just a touch so it's not the muffled earplug sound but it takes the edge off.

Jan 14, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #134 of 29,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for Head-Fiers

When you go to a metal concert do you:

1)Stand at a close distance of the stage, standing away from the Mosh Pit
2) You like getting in the Mosh Pit, headbanging, "pushing" others, and letting the music flow through your head
3) Middle distance from stage, where you can watch relaxed whilst headbanging
4) At the back of the hall, following the music because you don't like the loud sound coming from the speakers

Answer referring to numbers please

My case: number 2) I like getting in the mosh pit, taking all the stress out while following the music. That is what i will do on the 25th, Amon Amarth's concert. 1) or 3) before a staggering riff kicks in

\m/

EDIT: Thnks Maza for giving me the correct term

1 for good bands, 2 for bad, but fun bands, 3 for alright, slower stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back