Lets Talk Metal
Jan 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #108 of 29,666
If you look at it a sometimes it is like a side view of a face...like a profile. But for the first time, yesterday I think, it looked like a front view of a face with a shadow covering the left(our view) side. WEIRD...man...

Also..I finally got the Suffocation "Human Waste" CD(1991) that I had ordered. Man this one awesome record! Yeah it's old but GOOD!

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:41 PM Post #110 of 29,666
Mastodon is gonna release new album? After Blood Mountain?

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #111 of 29,666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look at it a sometimes it is like a side view of a face...like a profile. But for the first time, yesterday I think, it looked like a front view of a face with a shadow covering the left(our view) side. WEIRD...man...

Also..I finally got the Suffocation "Human Waste" CD(1991) that I had ordered. Man this one awesome record! Yeah it's old but GOOD!

First let me say I feel Suffocation is very over rated and one of my least favorite Death Metal "name" bands..........but if you must buy thier albums best to get the Roadrunner 2CD release:

519MJdx6VvL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Most of the tracks from that debut EP Human Waste are also on 1st album contained in 2CD set above

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #112 of 29,666
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This reporter eagerly awaits the new Mastodon.

That is instant purchase for me also.............

Have collected the entire Mastodon catalog last year very cheap used and am thrilled with the music, as a fan of Neurosis and Isis they seem a natural extension

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #113 of 29,666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mastodon is gonna release new album? After Blood Mountain?

You betcha! The title is "Crack The Skye" and it'll be out around March, I think.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #114 of 29,666
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have collected the entire Mastodon catalog last year very cheap used and am thrilled with the music, as a fan of Neurosis and Isis they seem a natural extension

I like that the album is supposed to be a departure from what they've done in the past, more mellow and experimental. People are already dissing it beforehand, but I just know it's gonna be good. Brent have an amazing ear for melody and riffs, so it's still going to be Mastodon. I have a feeling it'll be their heaviest effort to date and probably the best too. Kudos on them for doing what they want and not just repeating the formula.

There's a short clip of a new song on the splash page over @ Mastodon

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #116 of 29,666
For the guys who like melodeath, you should try Archeon
They are a mix in between COB and Joe stump's solos. The mix is quite addictive. At first i thought "yeah they sound very similar to other melodeath bands", but the insanely long solos make the music very appealing.

YouTube - Archeon - Lost Fool --> Madness starts at around half of the song

Edit: They are not something new, the truth be said, but what they do they do it good. Oh also on the solo from Lost Fool there is a dissonant note (that seems as if he screwed up), however it seems to be like that... ^^

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #117 of 29,666
Oh, about Mastodon I will check for the new album as soon as it comes. I really enjoyed Blood Mountain (Plus have T-shirt, awesome cover of that reindeer-like creature)

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #118 of 29,666
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You say suffocation is overrated, but then say Mastodon is good?
lol

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #119 of 29,666
you guys ever listen to Otep or Kittie or stuff like that? I kind of dig it. They are not on the approved list but hey they pretty good IMO.

I also found this yesterday...old(1997) but sounds cool...not metal...but hey:

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #120 of 29,666
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You say suffocation is overrated, but then say Mastodon is good?
lol

Not just good.......very good and still making great new music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back