Lets Talk Metal
Jan 6, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #76 of 29,664
Have you guys heard Job for a Cowboy, or Mors Principium Est? Do you guys like MPE last album, liberation = Termination?

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #77 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeb1977 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know - if you guys fancy a change of pace you could do worse than to check out Skindred. I hate stuff like this normally... but for some reason i really like them.

There kind of Metal meets reggae sort of thing. Certainly by no means heavy - just different enough for me to sit up and take notice.... which doesnt happen often.

That's certainly different enough to warrant a quick listen. Have you given Estradasphere a listen? Again, by no means heavy (even when they're doing their br00tal things) but damn if that isn't some music that makes you sit up and take notice.

Jan 6, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #78 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wenglish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's certainly different enough to warrant a quick listen. Have you given Estradasphere a listen? Again, by no means heavy (even when they're doing their br00tal things) but damn if that isn't some music that makes you sit up and take notice.

well that was bizarre.... just looked them up on youtube and clicked on a random song... turned out to be a cover of turtle power!

still... took me back a few years
icon10.gif

Ill go listen to a different track now to see what there really like... although if it turns out to be a cover of thundercats i may not be back for some time
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #79 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeb1977 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well that was bizarre.... just looked them up on youtube and clicked on a random song... turned out to be a cover of turtle power!

still... took me back a few years
icon10.gif

Ill go listen to a different track now to see what there really like... although if it turns out to be a cover of thundercats i may not be back for some time
wink.gif

If you find them doing a cover of Thundercats let me know, I'm so there it's not funny
biggrin.gif

They're just a really, really different band. Sometimes I think it's the best stuff I've ever heard. Other times I just don't get it (or they're trying too hard, either or). I've just started digesting their latest, Palace of Mirrors. Shamisen solos ftw.

In other news, I just picked up a the full concert boot from Maiden Japan--and I'm really impressed with the sound quality. The production on this is basically as good (if not better) than A Real Live/Dead One--which isn't saying much, but this is a 28 year old fan recording.

And it's live Di'Anno. There just isn't much official material out there for him singing with Maiden. For all of the live releases and DVDs they've made, it'd be nice if they released more Paul/Blaze live stuff. Maybe it's just me, but I like non Bruce Maiden too and would like to hear more of it.

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #80 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Inquisition, amazing riffs, but those damn vocals leave me confused as to what I think of the band.

Totally understood. They kina caught me off guard at first and i was kina iffy but they totally grew on me.

leeb1977, if you liked Empyrium at all, I would definitely keep listening. They were really an acquired taste. Try a song called The Yearning. Might be a bit more accessible for a new listener. Its really an amazing song imo.

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #82 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, opening song to the album Into The Infernal Regions Of The Ancient Cult and that opening riff was awesome, and then...the vocals. :p

Unholy Magic Attack! Awesome song. Oh well... to each his own I guess.

Jan 7, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #83 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you guys heard Job for a Cowboy, or Mors Principium Est? Do you guys like MPE last album, liberation = Termination?

I'm a lurker who is more busy soaking up info like a sponge rather than posting but metal is one area where I feel like I have something to add.
L3000.gif

I'm a HUGE MPE fan, while I do enjoy liberation = Termination I still like The Unborn and Inhumanity best. The Unborn may be in my top 20 metal albums of all time. It's a pity they are so underrated and/or unheard of. Also a double shame that the primary song writer left the band. My other two favorite bands from that genre are Kalmah and Amoral.

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:53 AM Post #84 of 29,664
yeah I feel last album of MPE is not as good as inhumanity (my favorite) or the unborn.

@ andy777 you should check for Archeon They are a mix between Kalmah with Joe Stump's solos.

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #85 of 29,664
I have to list the following by Amon Amarth as must hear albums

Once sent from the golden hall
With oden on our side
Twilight of the thundergod

Those are their best albums I think that all should check out.

Jan 7, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #87 of 29,664
Never heard about Inquisition before. With all these comments about their vocals I sort of expected something Silencer-esque, but instead fell from my chair laughing when Journey to infersomething song kicked in from their myspace site. This certainly is most unique blackmetal vocalist ever.
bigsmile_face.gif

Awesome songs by the way. Vocs do make me scratch my head, but still...

*edit* Now that I have listened their myspace song, I got to say that this band reminds me a lot of Immortal. No, none of that winter stuff, but sonically they resemble older immortal, dunno why. Anyway, I like this band already.

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #90 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Never heard about Inquisition before. With all these comments about their vocals I sort of expected something Silencer-esque, but instead fell from my chair laughing when Journey to infersomething song kicked in from their myspace site. This certainly is most unique blackmetal vocalist ever.
bigsmile_face.gif

Omg, i'm not a big expert in black metal, but those are the weirdest vocals i've ever heared, even stranger than Demilich's
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back