Lets Talk Metal
Jan 6, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #62 of 29,664
Yes please use, arrogant, snobbish, pretentious,uppity or hoity-toity instead of elitist...
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #66 of 29,664
Yeah following japc's lead I was listening to Primordial today too. Very interesting stuff. Much different from my usual hardcore, grindcore, thrash/groove..etc etc ..I like it. I can tell it will probably grow on me.

Jan 6, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #67 of 29,664
What I've been listening to lately:

Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations

vsnsep.jpg

Pretty unique, awesome black metal from columbia i believe. I can also pretty much recommend all of their other cd's. Just an awesome band all around. If you like black metal, you should definitely check them out. Especially at high volume.

Empyrium - A wintersunset...

2mn2gsx.jpg

Probably my all time favorite CD when I'm honest with myself. The rest of their work isnt bad with some stuff I like here and there but this is it for me. Beautiful, dark, depressive and epic in a romantic hopeless sort of way. Hard to explain. Check it out if you're into that sort of thing.

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #69 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I've been listening to lately:

Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations

vsnsep.jpg

Pretty unique, awesome black metal from columbia i believe. I can also pretty much recommend all of their other cd's. Just an awesome band all around. If you like black metal, you should definitely check them out. Especially at high volume.

Empyrium - A wintersunset...

2mn2gsx.jpg

Probably my all time favorite CD when I'm honest with myself. The rest of their work isnt bad with some stuff I like here and there but this is it for me. Beautiful, dark, depressive and epic in a romantic hopeless sort of way. Hard to explain. Check it out if you're into that sort of thing.

Just listened to Dreamskies from that Empyrium album you mentioned (good ole Youtube)... cant make up my mind if i hate it or love it?!!!!

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #72 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sampled some of this album. It sounds killer! I like that "Dichotomy" song.

Yeah, I love all of the classical elements they put in their music. It makes the riffs sound so much more intense!

Jan 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #73 of 29,664
You know - if you guys fancy a change of pace you could do worse than to check out Skindred. I hate stuff like this normally... but for some reason i really like them.

There kind of Metal meets reggae sort of thing. Certainly by no means heavy - just different enough for me to sit up and take notice.... which doesnt happen often.

Jan 6, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #74 of 29,664
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeb1977 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know - if you guys fancy a change of pace you could do worse than to check out Skindred. I hate stuff like this normally... but for some reason i really like them.

There kind of Metal meets reggae sort of thing. Certainly by no means heavy - just different enough for me to sit up and take notice.... which doesnt happen often.

Metal meets reggae!
confused.gif

I'll have to check them out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back