Lets Talk Metal
Jan 7, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #91 of 29,665
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please somebody take a listen to the title track "Dichotomy" on Becoming The Archetype's new album Dichotomy. It's so intense on a pair of RS-1s!
biggrin.gif

Also thanks to Brighten for this one. "Dichotomy" is a killer album too. I bought it along with the Dismember album. Lot's of stuff going on in there.

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #94 of 29,665
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to list the following by Amon Amarth as must hear albums

Once sent from the golden hall
With oden on our side
Twilight of the thundergod

Those are their best albums I think that all should check out.

Haha, going to their concert on the 25 January!

Jan 8, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #95 of 29,665
Damn it! I would like to see AA on live too, I have watched their DVD too many times already.

Im going to see Swallow The Sun today live, with Depressed Mode as warm-up band. (and promothing their upcoming second ablum at the same time)
I have to go to work tomorrow, but who cares. I already warned my co-workers that I might be bit tired and aloof tomorrow...
tongue.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #99 of 29,665
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AA are absolutely fantastic live.

Warning: You will want to buy a drinking horn within 5 minutes of watching a show.

LOL!! Weird how that works ain't it....I used to try to go to the Ozzfest shows and not drink. Couldn't do it...

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #100 of 29,665
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, going to their concert on the 25 January!

I'm very jealous, I saw AA a few months ago, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. To tell you how good it was, my car got towed during the show and I had to pay $250 to get it out at 2am and even that didn't put a damper on the night!
icon10.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #101 of 29,665
Gotta say... This was my first time I see some doom(-ish) metal on live. And I gotta say, it does not really work on live... Its awesome to listen at home with good rig, but live was sooo boring. Especially when they had the bass turned WAAAYYY TOOO LOUD! Really, I SWEAR I could not hear a damn thing other than bass guitar, guitars and keys were almost completely drowned out. Bass was so loud that I'm sure earplugs were not much use either for dampening the volume.

Depressed Mode was a shining point though. They also did their doom songs (too bad that angel choiring of natalie koskinen was drowned out, only hear louder singing was audible) and it was nice because they had variance. About every second song they played was from their upcoming album where they change style more towards melodic deathmetal and it brought the energy up. Swallow The Sun was pain though at the end. Too much of too slow and too much bass that there was barely any music behind it. Just.... Bass... Did I say there was too much bass?

I hope Stam1na does a gig here soon. Awesome live band, so much thrashing energy and great stage charisma. One of the best gigs I have seen, right behind Testament on Tuska festival.

Jan 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #102 of 29,665
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very jealous, I saw AA a few months ago, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. To tell you how good it was, my car got towed during the show and I had to pay $250 to get it out at 2am and even that didn't put a damper on the night!
icon10.gif

Cool, and what songs did they play? I believe from Twilight of the Thunder God mostly, but any of With Odin on our Side?, or The Crusher, etc...?

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #103 of 29,665
When I saw them they opened with Asator .. I don't think I heard anything from Crusher or Avenger

It was more versus the world, fate of norns and newer

They didn't even play Ride for Vengeance which dissapointed me greatly. One of their greatest songs
frown.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #104 of 29,665
Just finished listening to Opeth's Blackwater Park on vinyl, it arrived today...quite good but now i understand why some people dislike Opeth, so far i enjoyed MAYH and Morningrise, those featured much more original riffs...or quite smply...more riffs ( just listen to Black Rose Immortal, 20 minutes opus, not a single second of boredom ), there were lots of tempo changes, some fast double bass runs thrown here and there. In BWP songs sounded all the same, some riffs blending one into another leading to the next classical guitar interlude however i'm a bit exagerating, some tracks like the last two were indeed very good...others seemed to go nowhere. MAYH remains by far the best i've heard by Opeth.

BTW i got another nice item, a remastered version of Ride The Lightning, MFSL remastered, sound quality good, even if...there is some strange surface noise in the quiet parts, IMO it's tape hiss intentionally left in the mastering process. Really the only album by Metallica i like...

Jan 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #105 of 29,665
I too think Blackwater Park is very overrated. For example, I like orchid better.

For example. In the mist she was standing is a better song to me then the entire blackwater park album combined. Its tempo and style changes as much in that song as the whole blackwater park album.

Nice purchases though Meliboeus
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back