Lets Talk Metal
Jun 6, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #19,381 of 29,653
They almost seem like they would be better live than on recordings. Their studio recording almost have a live feel to them. Still I have not heard everything from them. Turns out they are very underground and only print up so much stuff.

I don't know if you have heard their last album? It was not what I was expecting from them? Normally though I never view bands with their character as ever lasting that long. Either there are massive personal changes or they just break-up. We were talking about pure metal energy a while ago, then the Impiety band shows up in our conversations.....they are PURE energy. IMO.

I think that's quite possibly the best way to describe it. those types of bands don't really have the technical prowess or song structure to deliver the type of power you usually get from metal, but they make up for it with that raw passion.  There's a fest specifically devoted to this type of black metal in Finland, Black Flames of Blasphemy

Jun 6, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #19,383 of 29,653
The metal scene in Korea seems pretty sparse so far. I read about a few death metal bands here, but I can't find any information on concerts. Koreans are all about the k pop.

Eughh, bleeding K-Pop. There's a programme dedicated to Asian Pop here, 90% of it being Korean, and I can't stand the stuff. It's incredibly artificial, lacks any musicianship ane is made purely to turn a profit.

But, that is the sort of very thing that lays a foundation for the rise of metal in Korea! Once people begin to realize they can't relate to K-Pop, they will go looking for something they can relate to. Chances are that it will be metal, but may even be an entirely new genre.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #19,384 of 29,653
The metal scene in Korea seems pretty sparse so far. I read about a few death metal bands here, but I can't find any information on concerts. Koreans are all about the k pop.

very little for sure, I do see that some international tours have stops in Korea, so there must be some sort of audience and scene.  about the only band i've heard from the country that i might recommend to someone would be Holymarsh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA49z__p00g

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #19,385 of 29,653

Haha there are a few bars in Hongdae that have metal shows periodically. Not typically the bands you've heard of though.

Only been to one metal show myself, got to see The Black Dahlia Murder last April, it was amazing

Jun 6, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #19,387 of 29,653

Haha there are a few bars in Hongdae that have metal shows periodically. Not typically the bands you've heard of though.

Only been to one metal show myself, got to see The Black Dahlia Murder last April, it was amazing

If anything good comes to town I'm down to go if you want. Nobody I work with likes metal.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #19,389 of 29,653
So we're allowed to talk about it as if it were true, yet not allowed to challenge it? Okay then...

Just remember that I'm not the one who brought it up. We're not even supposed to discuss religion on this site, anyway.

It's just not the place for that. The other guy was discussing on how Jerusalem is an important city cultural wise and how center it is to many religions, how all 3 abrahamic religions are so close yet so far.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #19,390 of 29,653

very little for sure, I do see that some international tours have stops in Korea, so there must be some sort of audience and scene.  about the only band i've heard from the country that i might recommend to someone would be Holymarsh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA49z__p00g

Cool man, those dudes aren't bad. Pretty clean sounding melodic death metal.

I also read about this other Korean band Gloaming, but haven't given their album much of a listen until now. They sound aight... nasty death-doom, but some of the timing in their playing sounds off or something.

https://gloamingdoom.bandcamp.com/

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #19,391 of 29,653
It's just not the place for that. The other guy was discussing on how Jerusalem is an important city cultural wise and how center it is to many religions, how all 3 abrahamic religions are so close yet so far.

Yep.:p

It's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back