Lets Talk Metal
Jul 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #1,472 of 29,661

Quote:

WHAT?!! Have you even read the book "The Creature from Jekyll Island?" Read it and then talk. People are friggin paranoid nowadays for a reason. If you're not, you're probably drugged up on the common everyday doctor dispensed mood pills and/or worse. Wake up people, sleepy time is over.

Fido2, how many times are you going to try to derail and/or lock this thread?  Keep it metal, bro.

Jul 10, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #1,474 of 29,661

Quote:
I was responding to post(s) 1462, 1463 etc etc..."bro"

...neither of which explicitly addressed anything political.  Your post, like others you've made in this thread, not only attempts to draw people into an argument that is not winnable on a forum like this, but also does so rather rudely.  You've essentially said that if someone does not agree with you, then they are either ignorant or on drugs - hardly a civil start to a discussion of politics.  With posts like yours, it doesn't take a genius to see why political discussions are off limits here.

Now, I would be very interested in hearing about what metal you've been enjoying lately, if you're interested in discussing such things in this thread.

Jul 11, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #1,475 of 29,661
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141736

Mr acidbasement I was referring to this link in post 1462 which references the above link which talks about a new Jon Schaffer project based on the book "The Creature from Jekyll Island" to which another member posted that it was more endgame nonsense. The Endgame album deals with some important cultural phenomenons and fears. The Creature from Jekyll Island is a book about the creation of the Federal Reserve System in 1913. It's a very important book to read and you might actually learn a little about what's going on. My drugged out comments were a bit over the top and I apologize. Let's move on. You know how I am acid...LOL

Anyway  I am loving that Black Anvil album "Time Insults the Mind"

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #1,477 of 29,661
Anybody a Swallow the Sun fan?  I am seeing them in September with Katatonia.

I also see that Dark Tranquility is playing with Threat Signal this year.  Rock on!  :)

Btw, does anyone know if Disarmonia Mundi has a record deal?

Jul 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #1,478 of 29,661

Quote:

Not sure. They just came out with an album last year though.

Been on a Faith No More kick lately. Not strictly a metal band, but they have metal roots, nonetheless. Check 'em out if you haven't guys!

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #1,479 of 29,661

Quote:
Anybody a Swallow the Sun fan?  I am seeing them in September with Katatonia.

STS and Daylight Dies are playing some of the best death/doom around. Swallow The Sun and Katatonia would be an awesome show, I'm jealous!

According to Metal Storm, Disarmonia Mundi is on Coroner Records. Frankly after the garbage that was Isolation Game, I've completely lost interest in them. Lazy, generic, repetitive melodic death isn't exactly in short supply.

Jul 11, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #1,480 of 29,661

Quote:
STS and Daylight Dies are playing some of the best death/doom around. Swallow The Sun and Katatonia would be an awesome show, I'm jealous!

According to Metal Storm, Disarmonia Mundi is on Coroner Records. Frankly after the garbage that was Isolation Game, I've completely lost interest in them. Lazy, generic, repetitive melodic death isn't exactly in short supply.

im tempted to go to the katatonia/swallow the sun show, but its its 4 hours away...might be worth the drive though

Jul 12, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #1,481 of 29,661

Quote:

WHAT?!! Have you even read the book "The Creature from Jekyll Island?" Read it and then talk. People are friggin paranoid nowadays for a reason. If you're not, you're probably drugged up on the common everyday doctor dispensed mood pills and/or worse. Wake up people, sleepy time is over.

*rolls over and falls back to sleep*

hehe

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #1,483 of 29,661

Quote:
Anyone else hate the new Mastodon album?  Cool sounding bits, but the lost all of their gusto IMHO.

NO WAY. I saw Mastodon @ Starland and they played two sets.  The first was all of Crack The Skye.  It was AMAZING.  Mastodon live is awesome.  Crack the Skye is a solid concept album.

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #1,484 of 29,661
I don't doubt that; how was the title track?  I've seen some clips on YouTube, and they seem to be getting better and better at it...

That being said, Leviathan is up there in my top 5, and I simply think it works better.  I like edge, and that had that in loooooads.  CTS...not so much.  

I guess different strokes :).

(btw, listening to Sepultura - Alive; one of the most underrated thrash/groove albums ever IMHO).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back