Lets Talk Metal
Jun 30, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #1,412 of 29,663
Melodic death metal fans - check out Evemaster's new album III. Dan Swano's production is a bit old school, but it's actually refreshing to hear this type of sound compared to most other recent metal albums where everything in the mix is at 100% from beginning to end.

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #1,413 of 29,663

Quote:
This music of late is totally boring to me. Let's travel back a moment:

I was at that show, great gig. Very excited to be seeing Sleep in September.

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #1,414 of 29,663

Jun 30, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #1,416 of 29,663
I am a huge EyeHateGod fan, so naturally. They are like a bit of a faster, less sludgy version.

The Great Buzzov*en (Live)

Heavy isn't always definable.

Jul 1, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #1,417 of 29,663

Quote:
Melodic death metal fans - check out Evemaster's new album III. Dan Swano's production is a bit old school, but it's actually refreshing to hear this type of sound compared to most other recent metal albums where everything in the mix is at 100% from beginning to end.

Thanks for the tip, just checked them out now. Good stuff, I can hear strains of their Finnish brethren Insomnium and Amorphis.

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #1,420 of 29,663
I'm listening to Panic Broadcast. This is MUCH better than Great Divide. The production is actually decent this time, and all of the energy that was completely lacking in Great Divide. I'm not sure yet how I would compare it to the old stuff, but on its own its a good record and worth a listen.

Jul 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #1,422 of 29,663
Been really active on ebay latelly to close some incomplete discographies or just grab some cheap deals. Today the mailman arrived with:

Morgoth - Cursed (Cool Death Metal, I used to listen to this a lot when it came out but lost track of it)
Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft (Top Symphonic Black Metal, and I mean symphonic. This ranks on the 10 or 20 best Black Metal albums ever for me)
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus (Amorphis first and rawest Folk/Death/Whatever)
Kampfar - Mellon Skogkledde Aaser (Folk Black Metal, another one on my top 20 Black Metal)

Last couple of weeks also:

Negura Bunget - Maiastru Sfetnic
Coldworld - Melancholie2
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
Enslaved - Eld
Melechesh - Sphynx
October Falls - The Streams of the End
Lamented Souls - The Origins of Misery
Grenade - The Howling Damned
Septic Flesh - Sumerian Daemons
Kroda - Fimbulvinter
Judas Iscariot - Distant In Solitary Night
Hate Forest - Nietzscheism
Deathspell Omega - Kenose
Gorgoroth - Antichrist + Under the Sign of Hell
Entombed - Left Hand Path + Clandestine

Also bidding or just anxiously looking for a good deal on Adorior "Author of Incest", Ahab "Call of the Wretched Seas", Blut Aus Nord "Ultima Thulee", Bolt Thrower "IV Crusade", Cryptopsy "None So Vile", Darkestrah "Epos", Dawn "Slaughtersun", Demigod "Slumber of Sullen Eyes", Drudkh "Forgotten Legends", Fen "The Maledicion Fields", Forgotten Woods "The Curse of Mankind", Hades "Again Shall Be" + "The Dawn of the Dying Sun", Hate Forest "Purity", Kampfar "Fra Underverdenen" + "Kvass" + "Heimgang", Malevolent Creation "The Ten Commandments", Massacre "From Beyond", Ondskapt "Dodens Evangelium", Rotting Christ "Triarchy of the Lost Lovers",  Sacrosant "Recesses for the Depraved", Septic Flesh "Mystic Places of Dawn", Sigrblot "Blodsband", Solefald "The Linear Scaffold", Tulus "Evil 1999", Various "Swedish Death Metal", Vinterland "Welcome To My Last Chapter", Watain "Casus Luciferi", Weakling "Dead As Dreams", Winter "Into Darkness" + "Eternal Frost" and Xentrix "Shattered Existence".

And I wonder why I don't have the money to get some decent headphones, amps and sources when everyone else seems to :)

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #1,423 of 29,663
Helmet is a good band, I discovered them around the time when I was listening to Clutch & Unsane.

That 16 album has put me off since it came out, just sounds like a odd stab at generic DM.

This is more accurate

I know I am on a fine line with the general definition of Metal. Just can't deny good sludge covering good Doom.

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #1,425 of 29,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Winter "Into Darkness" + "Eternal Frost"
And I wonder why I don't have the money to get some decent headphones, amps and sources when everyone else seems to :)

Haha I've got these and you can't have them.  'Into Darkness' is a true classic that I still play periodically.  That reminds me the last time I did, the bass vibrations were so intense my one of my speakers fell off its stand :frowning2:

EP version, album is better:

I was a CD addict about 15-20 years ago and I still remember the pain
wink_face.gif
but I found other pursuits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back