Lets Talk Metal
Nov 14, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #12,001 of 29,663
I don't dislike a single In Flames album, some less than others, but they're all good.

I actually love Come Clarity. I know it gets a ton of hate, but I LOVE it. Dead End is wonderful, to name one song.

Similarly I like Reroute to Remain and Frail Words Collapse(As I Lay Dying).. These albums brought me back to metal and I will be forever grateful for that.

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #12,002 of 29,663

Anyone???

Nov 15, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #12,003 of 29,663

Anyone???

I'll have to check em out. Never knew of them?
biggrin.gif
They look like they r right down my alley. The vocals remind me of someone? Maybe Morbid Angel I'll figure it out in awhile?

EDIT:
THX, Right down my alley.

Vocals remind me of Asphyx.

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #12,004 of 29,663

I'll have to check em out. Never knew of them?
biggrin.gif
They look like they r right down my alley. The vocals remind me of someone? Maybe Morbid Angel I'll figure it out in awhile?

EDIT:
THX, Right down my alley.

Vocals remind me of Asphyx.

Vocals reminded me of John Tardy as well..

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #12,006 of 29,663
Pestilence, eh? I'd take a guess it's not much like Spheres? I think they've said they wanted to distance themselves at least some from tat album. Kinda shame because I quite liked it and as with Cynic's Focus I like it the way it is, but I'd like to hear the tracks not sounding like a kinda cheap/garage'y Thrash/Death Metal production. With such jazzy/fusion'y music it doesn't work THAT well...

Nov 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #12,007 of 29,663
  Pestilence, eh? I'd take a guess it's not much like Spheres? I think they've said they wanted to distance themselves at least some from tat album. Kinda shame because I quite liked it and as with Cynic's Focus I like it the way it is, but I'd like to hear the tracks not sounding like a kinda cheap/garage'y Thrash/Death Metal production. With such jazzy/fusion'y music it doesn't work THAT well...

Its does not sound like Spheres or Focus. Its a standard Tech/Death Album with Old School vibes. Quite good actually.

Nov 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #12,009 of 29,663
Nov 16, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #12,010 of 29,663
MDM and Metalcore, sometimes with some progressive are definitely my favorite genres. I love the At the Gates album, it's ******* amazing. Dark Tranquility doesn't really do it for me. The song Shadow Duet blows my mind, but the rest of their stuff is just alright. I just don't find the vocals to be very emotional or engaging. The End of Heartache is definitely my favorite Killswitch album, it's fantastic. I'm liking their new album with the old singer as well. Amon Amarth is a band I haven't given much of a chance, so I'll see if I like what I hear. Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Never seen Killswitch categorized as Melodic DM before, but I can see the connection. When I think MDM I think Gothenburg sound bands like At the Gates and In Flames. Under A Serpent Sun is a killer song.

In Flames is one of those bands I go back and forth on. I liked Reroute to Remain, but that is where I draw line. Saw them on that tour and they killed it live. Jester Race is probably their best whole album.

If you like MDM, you may like Nevermore. A little different style wise, but not a big leap. Try Politics of Ecstasy.

Nov 16, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #12,011 of 29,663
Never seen Killswitch categorized as Melodic DM before, but I can see the connection. When I think MDM I think Gothenburg sound bands like At the Gates and In Flames. Under A Serpent Sun is a killer song.

In Flames is one of those bands I go back and forth on. I liked Reroute to Remain, but that is where I draw line. Saw them on that tour and they killed it live. Jester Race is probably their best whole album.

If you like MDM, you may like Nevermore. A little different style wise, but not a big leap. Try Politics of Ecstasy.

I'm sorry, you misunderstood me. Killswitch Engage is definitely a metalcore band, I was just saying that I like MDM. Personally, I like Sanctuary a lot better than Nevermore. The song Dreaming Neon Black is one of my favorites of all time, but that's about it. I haven't listened to their entire collection though.

Nov 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #12,014 of 29,663
  What about the new Deicide? 

Ya, they just get better and better. Stench Of Redemption showed us that they were getting it together for another era of great fast Death. The new album will be fantastic. They put out vinyl too.I have a clear green vinyl of Till Death Do Us Part.

The only thing that they have put out that was marginal was the Stench of Redemption Live DVD. For what ever reason they didn't have their live line-up down during the tour. They are insane now though, unstoppable. In many ways they are the originators of Death metal, they were one of the first bands. They took Slayer intensity in the 80s to a level up one notch.

What else do you want, great sound quality and wold class talent. Plus they are really the most evil too.
evil_smiley.gif
That helps!!

The most intense 38 minutes I've ever heard. Period. Stench was released in black vinyl too.

Great!! There is nothing like a messy divorce to inspire you to write and sing metal.
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #12,015 of 29,663
New Autumn for Crippled Children album!!

http://anautumnforcrippledchildren.bandcamp.com/album/try-not-to-destroy-everything-you-love
Another one of my most anticipated releases this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back