1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799
801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810
Next

Last
  1. Peti
    Just listening to Queen Best of SHM-CD japanese remaster via my Ultrasone Pro 750....holy cow!

box-front-obi.jpg

2. MorbidToaster

DT and In Flames are 2 of my favorites...ever.

Character is the best MDM album of all time, IMO. Damage Done is another great pick.

As for In Flames. Colony is my pick. ******* brilliant.

3. markm1
    Damage Done is pretty killer.

4. Tom Yum Goong
    My favourite is The Jester Race!
    I don't like their newer stuff :/

Scores a really impressive 9 on the DR scale :)

5. MorbidToaster
    Damage Done is a DT record. :)

6. Accoun
    Just (well, not exactly) came back from a concert (Blindead - Atmospheric/Progressive Sludge + Godbite, some local band). Was really awesome. To quote myself from other thread:

Now, debating whether go to see Behemoth on Sunday. I don't really like them and the tickets are pricier than today's but I heard good things about the local supports: Obscure Sphinx and THAW (especially the latter supposedly were great during Asymmetry Festival. Also Nergal and crew likely know how to put up a good show anyway.

7. modulor
    Actually one of my long time favorites...it came out when I was in middle school and was one of my first metal albums!  After Whoracle, it was down hill IMO...

I've been neglecting this lovely thread for too long, so I come bearing gifts!

a0676206564_2.jpg

http://thaw.bandcamp.com/track/afterkingdom

8. markm1

9. Redcarmoose
    I love the older stuff!

10. adamantium

11. modulor
    Indeed...I actually did like Colony quite a bit too...

12. 7S Cameron
    MDM and Metalcore, sometimes with some progressive are definitely my favorite genres. I love the At the Gates album, it's ******* amazing. Dark Tranquility doesn't really do it for me. The song Shadow Duet blows my mind, but the rest of their stuff is just alright. I just don't find the vocals to be very emotional or engaging. The End of Heartache is definitely my favorite Killswitch album, it's fantastic. I'm liking their new album with the old singer as well. Amon Amarth is a band I haven't given much of a chance, so I'll see if I like what I hear. Thanks for all the suggestions [​IMG]

13. 7S Cameron
    In Flames has a few really good albums. I'd have to go with Clayman as being my favorite. Followed by The Jester Race and then Colony. I actually like their newest effort Sounds of a Playground Fading a decent bit as well.

14. Angelbelow
    Haven't heard anything from inflames since 2006.. been a long time. Time to get re-acquainted [​IMG]

15. MorbidToaster

I don't dislike a single In Flames album, some less than others, but they're all good.

I actually love Come Clarity. I know it gets a ton of hate, but I LOVE it. Dead End is wonderful, to name one song.

First

Back
790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799
801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810
Next

Last