Lets Talk Metal
Dec 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #617 of 29,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the Big Four be playing at the Sonisphere in Finland? Either way, not a fan of any of the four but Heaven and Hell. I pray they come to Aussieland.

No, Metallica isnt coming this time if you are talking about Big Four Of Thrash that is. They were a lead artist in last Sonisphere anyway, but this time they are busy elsewhere when Sonisphere of Pori is going to happen. So far only famous Thrash bands that are confirmed to play are Slayer and Anthrax. Half of big four is better than nothing.
tongue.gif
But mind you, this time it is 2 day festival (last summer was 1 day) and so far there are only 9 confirmed bands, so there is a lot of room for more. I'll let everyone as setlist gets updated.

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #618 of 29,682
Hey, has MegaDave thrown a hissy fit yet about Behemoth being on the bill for that Poland show? Given his disdain for touring with "satanic" bands and all (the well-documented Rotting Christ incident a few years back). *teehee*

But given the huge amount of moolah at stake here, I think he won't.

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #619 of 29,682
Quote:

Hey, has MegaDave thrown a hissy fit yet about Behemoth being on the bill for that Poland show? Given his disdain for touring with "satanic" bands and all (the well-documented Rotting Christ incident a few years back). *teehee*

!!!!!!

Tell me more!

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #620 of 29,682
Here you go:

"Decibel magazine (web site) reports that MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine forced Greece's ROTTING CHRIST off a 2005 Athens gig, later saying he didn't want to play with "full-on" Satanic band since being "saved" in 2002. He further spouted off on MEGADETH's web site that "No one knows for sure what [ROTTING CHRIST's] intent or content is, so I am not going to say they are [Satanic]." Nevertheless, even though MEGADETH had played with the group previously, he threatened to pass Greece by if ROTTING CHRIST was the support band.

"The concerts that I headline or I put together is usually my choice who I want to play with; festivals are different," he said at the time. "If I don't feel it is right for me to do something, then I [will] just respectfully decline. I would not ask that anyone be taken off if they were already confirmed."

source: BLABBERMOUTH.NET - ROTTING CHRIST Mainman Feels 'Sorry' For MEGADETH's DAVE MUSTAINE

Dec 15, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #621 of 29,682
Interesting tidbit, Azathoth. I know Mustaine is a whiney <insert your own term here>, but I didn't know he booted Rotting Christ off a show in their home town. Man, I do dig much of Megadeth's music, but Dave is such a whiner.

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:34 AM Post #624 of 29,682
I laugh at how he randomly name drops influences. I really can't hear the influences of said bands in his music except some of the tech death bands. To be honest, all I hear is a metal version of splittercore.

Quote:

glitched-out chop shop of Planet Mu-style beats

This infuriated me even more.

Apologies if you like the band but I didn't

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #625 of 29,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I laugh at how he randomly name drops influences. I really can't hear the influences of said bands in his music except some of the tech death bands. To be honest, all I hear is a metal version of splittercore.

This infuriated me even more.

Apologies if you like the band but I didn't

haha not really, it was jsut too ridiculous not to share
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #630 of 29,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here you go:

"Decibel magazine (web site) reports that MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine forced Greece's ROTTING CHRIST off a 2005 Athens gig, later saying he didn't want to play with "full-on" Satanic band since being "saved" in 2002.

Eh, I remember this one. "Newborn christian" Mustaine refused to play with Rotting Christ. Hell, if I was on Rotting Christ I would refuse to play with an illiterate band myself.

He was a ********* as he was, did he have to be "born again" to become worse? A superb musician anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back