Lets Talk Metal
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #4,501 of 29,701
]I liked some of AAL's songs but about a third of the way through the album it started to faff about and seemed like mostly filler.

Not a fan of Boris, gojira, or periphery.

I used to listen to Anubis gate but I got bored of them.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #4,502 of 29,701
]I liked some of AAL's songs but about a third of the way through the album it started to faff about and seemed like mostly filler.
Not a fan of Boris, gojira, or periphery.
I used to listen to Anubis gate but I got bored of them.

Check out their latest if you haven't. I believe its a cut above. What about Symphony X's Iconoclast and Leprous Bilateral (still on GuitarWorld to listen too).

Oct 10, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #4,506 of 29,701
lol i dont think youve quite figured out how to use hyperlinks trogdor, that just leads to the first page of this thread...and its not the first time :p

Fixed. This forum has a lot of bugs. Anyway ilsten to that and the new Skeletonwitch is up on GuitarWorld (Google it). Fun stuff.

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #4,508 of 29,701
i havent been able to stop listening to the new Machine Head for the last several days now, its grown on me alot :D but ill definitely check out insomnium

English version (I finally got the official announcement in my mailbox):

http://www.hailsandhorns.com/featured/stream-track-by-track-interview-with-insomnium-covering-the-new-album-one-for-sorrow/

Has some interesting comments about each track.

New Machine Head is solid.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #4,511 of 29,701

Quote:
OMG, OMG, new Insomnium streaming now:
http://www.inferno.fi/inferno-tarjoaa-kuuntele-uusi-insomnium-levy-6156/
Listening now!

Currently listening it, but so far I have to comment that the production is TERRIBLE! Piercing compressed mess that almost rivals Death Magnetic. Oh god I really hope the actual disc doesnt sound like this and is caused by really low mp3 compression, because so far the songs have been really good.

*edit* Scratch that a bit, I was listening it with my Ultrasone Proline 750 which overhypes treble and upper midrange. HE5 is bit calmer, but sound quality is still bad.

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #4,512 of 29,701

Quote:
Currently listening it, but so far I have to comment that the production is TERRIBLE! Piercing compressed mess that almost rivals Death Magnetic. Oh god I really hope the actual disc doesnt sound like this and is caused by really low mp3 compression, because so far the songs have been really good.

*edit* Scratch that a bit, I was listening it with my Ultrasone Proline 750 which overhypes treble and upper midrange. HE5 is bit calmer, but sound quality is still bad.

i agree, listening to a cd rip, it sounds like total $hit...which is sad, cause i agree, i liked most of the songs on the cd... :/

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:58 AM Post #4,513 of 29,701
i agree, listening to a cd rip, it sounds like total $hit...which is sad, cause i agree, i liked most of the songs on the cd... :/

I hate saying it but yeah, what is up with the production on this CD? I was upset about it when they released "Unsung."

This is easily Insomnium's best CD to date IMO (its WAY more dynamic than Above and Across even though I love those CDs too. However, at about 4-5 songs in on both of those discs, things start to sound the generally the same (good but formulaic), not so with Sorrow. Variety IS the spice of life! :)

I will await my copy which is being shipped from Finland for final judgement.

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #4,514 of 29,701
We got signed by Season of Mist! 

Official statement: 

"Season of Mist is excited to announce we just inked a deal with symphonic black metallers CARACH ANGREN!
"We are very proud to be on SOM's roster!" the band comments. "This covenant will enable us to release more haunting upon the world in the years to come. Furthermore we want to thank everyone (crew, friends, fans) for supporting us over the years, especially Phil / Maddening Media who put us on the map! A new horrific concept album is being written this autumn and recordings will start in less than two weeks. We promise you it will be darker and more epic than ever before!"
The Dutch act's third full-length will be released some time next year."

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #4,515 of 29,701
We got signed by Season of Mist! 

Official statement: 

"Season of Mist is excited to announce we just inked a deal with symphonic black metallers CARACH ANGREN!
"We are very proud to be on SOM's roster!" the band comments. "This covenant will enable us to release more haunting upon the world in the years to come. Furthermore we want to thank everyone (crew, friends, fans) for supporting us over the years, especially Phil / Maddening Media who put us on the map! A new horrific concept album is being written this autumn and recordings will start in less than two weeks. We promise you it will be darker and more epic than ever before!"
The Dutch act's third full-length will be released some time next year."

So first off...totally congrats...this is awesome...

Negakinu your recommendations have always been appreciated and you are my GO TO BME!

But now this means you must tour in the US...

And that means I should get a free ticket to a show...

In summary, your NEW goal is to play a show in the Tri-State and buy me a drink! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back