Let's talk about pens...
Aug 3, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #91 of 163
Here are a few more...most are my EDC workhorses.

IMG_20180803_103401.jpg

The top is a Lamy 2000 medium nib (iroshizuku take-sumi black ink)
2nd is a pilot vanishing point, fine nib (pilot blue ink)
3rd is a TWSBI Diamond 580 1.1mm stub (Noodler's Golden Brown ink)
Lastly is a Sheaffer Triumph Imperial fine inlaid nib (J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir Ink)

Here is a pic of the Sheaffer inlaid nib
IMG_20180803_103422.jpg

Aug 3, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #93 of 163
That Sheaffer Imperial is a beauty!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Yes, I saw them online for a long time, and finally broke down and picked one up. Very happy with the pen so far.

Jan 31, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #96 of 163
Here are a few more...most are my EDC workhorses.

The top is a Lamy 2000 medium nib (iroshizuku take-sumi black ink)
2nd is a pilot vanishing point, fine nib (pilot blue ink)
3rd is a TWSBI Diamond 580 1.1mm stub (Noodler's Golden Brown ink)
Lastly is a Sheaffer Triumph Imperial fine inlaid nib (J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir Ink)

Here is a pic of the Sheaffer inlaid nib

Beautiful collection! I love my 2000, it's such a damn near perfect pen. That Sheaffer is pure sex:wink:

Feb 20, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #97 of 163
The feeling of a good pen is bliss. And trying to note up something with a crappy pen is surprisingly annoying.
I do take a lot of notes, and sign a bunch of forms, in my job. But still havent gotten myself to spend to much on a good pen.
I usually just use the disposable gel-rollers I find in the office supplies anyway.
I do however allways have my Fisher Bullet Space Pen nearby.
This little thing is great for both traveling and for the days I spend my time back and forth between the office and project-sites. Uses minimal space in my pocket, takes a beating like a champ and writes under all conditions/weather.
For some unknown reason I have allso managed to carry it around for 5 years or something like that without loosing it.
Been wanting to get a fountain pen again, but that's mostly for the fascination. Havent tried one sience back in school.
2019-02-20 10.12.33-01.jpeg 2019-02-20 10.13.09-01.jpeg

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #98 of 163
Love my space pen too, my fellow Fisher brother!

I’m going on over 5 years of daily carry with no loss as well.

Although I went with the telescoping model, so I have even less to worry about losing (no cap).

394981BA-23CD-43AD-A5BC-A29ABDD5002B.jpeg

I wouldn’t trade it for the world. They’ll have to pry it from my cold dead hands :wink:

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #99 of 163
Love my space pen too, my fellow Fisher brother!

I’m going on over 5 years of daily carry with no loss as well.

Although I went with the telescoping model, so I have even less to worry about losing (no cap).

I wouldn’t trade it for the world. They’ll have to pry it from my cold dead hands :wink:
Hadnt seen the telescope model before I tripped over this thread. Looks really interesting.
Think I will have to get one of those as a backup. Or as a main so my gf can finally steal my bullet without getting a scolding :p

Feb 20, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #100 of 163
It’s awesome. Collapses down to a super compact 3” (roughly).

There’s no flat spot or shirt clip, so it will roll on a table.

You can mod it with a Fisher 400 series (clip on) shirt clip, but I like mine without one. There’s also other non-Fisher shirt clips that will fit as well.

321FD519-42F5-4D83-AB99-1D7DC18C915A.jpeg 4B449628-63CE-4BB5-A91F-D0EED5E621DF.jpeg

Also, the black logo seen in the photo I posted earlier does wear off with normal use. Or you can speed up the process and instantly remove it with some nail polish remover. It looks much cleaner without the black logo.

I did pimp mine with clear 1/8” orthodontic rubber bands (for braces). Even though the stock pen grips fine, it gives it an even grippier grip. They fit perfectly in the machined grooves, and the pen looks like it could have come that way. I can post a photo of you want to see what it with the rubber bands.

May 20, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #101 of 163
I have been looking for a good durable fine point pen for a long time now. I like the gel pens but they seem to put excess ink out. My son loves to collect pens. We went to a comic con last year and a guy was there that made pens and he was in hog heaven. So had no issue allowing him to spend his money on that. I'll try to snap a few pics of them.

So any suggestions on a good fine point pen? I dont like fat body pens as I am particular on my pens.

May 20, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #102 of 163
I have been looking for a good durable fine point pen for a long time now. I like the gel pens but they seem to put excess ink out. My son loves to collect pens. We went to a comic con last year and a guy was there that made pens and he was in hog heaven. So had no issue allowing him to spend his money on that. I'll try to snap a few pics of them.

So any suggestions on a good fine point pen? I dont like fat body pens as I am particular on my pens.

I’d check out Fisher’s line of pens. You can get refill cartridges in multiple colors (blue, black, red, and I swear I’ve seen green) and multiple line thicknesses (wide, medium, fine, super fine, etc).

Even if you get a different pen, Fisher cartridges fit in a lot of them (or you can ask the maker or do a Google search a lot of times). Once you use a Fisher cartridge, you won’t want anything else (at least not me). Of course fountain are a different story.

May 21, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #103 of 163

I just bought one of these: https://www.wellappointeddesk.com/2017/10/pen-review-ohto-horizon-needlepoint-ballpoint/
Only been using it a couple of days, but I'm very positive about it so far.
Edit; I have nothing to do with the review og the blog it is on, just googled the pen and used this result as an example.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #105 of 163

Caran d'Ache Golaith fine and medium point refills are not super fine but I tend to write cramped but with light pressure and have found they both flow very consistently & last for ages. I've used an 849 pen for ~8 years now in industrial workplace, think i'm on third cartridge? Slightly bulky though (sort of like a fat hex pencil shape).

I just bought one of these: https://www.wellappointeddesk.com/2017/10/pen-review-ohto-horizon-needlepoint-ballpoint/
Only been using it a couple of days, but I'm very positive about it so far.
Edit; I have nothing to do with the review og the blog it is on, just googled the pen and used this result as an example.

Those look neat, the Promecha model as well. How do they do with writing at acute angles?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back