Let's talk about pens...
post-15570988
Post #136 of 139

phthora

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Uniball vision elite is an all time favorite
I burn through about a dozen of those a year as a teacher. Completely use them up. Since I don't want to leave a pricy fountain pen in my desk to get stolen (far more likely by a sub than a student) or have to worry about re-filling it during class, those Uniballs are a fantastic alternative. I love the pack that comes with all the different colors, even though I end up giving away all the black ones since I can't use those to grade.

post-15625243
Post #137 of 139

shonky2

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Pens are my other addiction, after headphones. I’m left-handed, so I prefer Uni Jetstream fillers because the ink doesn’t smear at all. I use a BigI Titanium pen (holds nearly any filler in existence) and I love the weight of it.
Love the jetstream pens!

Hi All,

I am new to the whole head-fi thing and just starting out with some decent headphones but have been collecting a couple of pens for a few years now. Here is a shot of the collection as it stands at present -
20200413_124722.jpg
I started out over 20 years ago with the Meisterstuck roller ball and added a Starwalker a few years later -
20200413_124811.jpg
Then decided to get into fountain pens. My first foray was a Montegrappa which I loved but unfortunately lost it in a taxi one day. The next step was a S.T. Dupont LE "Bogie" -
20200413_124847.jpg
I have had this pen about 6 years and love writing with it. There was an old lady who ran the shop that I purchased the pen from who also ran writing classes, she gave me a quick lesson in the store and bunch of exercises to do which improved my hand writing dramatically. I now predominantly write rather than take notes digitally, finding the process of writing a bit cathartic.

Next was a Sailor 1911. Where the Dupont is a nice weighty pen that is perfectly balanced and has a super smooth nib, the 1911 is a much lighter pen, still well balanced but has a much "sharper" nib - it provides a bit more feedback when writing.

20200413_125028.jpg
20200413_125038.jpg
At the beginning of 2019 I decided to treat myself to another pen. I went back to the same store I had purchased all my other pens from (aside from the original Meisterstuck) with a pretty firm idea of what I wanted as well as a budget, but after about 10 minutes in there, I blew all that away and walked out with this -
20200413_124912.jpg
Another S.T. Dupont LE - this time one of the Bond / 007 memorabilia pens. Whilst I love the Chinese lacquer finish on the Bogie, the finish on this one is just magic! The Bogie has a fine nib in it which I really like but with the 007, I decided to get both a fine and medium nib. Originally I preferred the fine, finding that it dropped less ink, but after a bit of use, I now prefer the medium!

A couple of other pics -
20200413_124954.jpg
20200413_125117.jpg

Cheers all,

Ben
Awesome collection! Any Pilot vanishing point fans present?

post-15625343
Post #138 of 139

Raketen

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone here has ever seen an ink-refillable ballpoint? (I mean similar to how many fountain pens are refillable directly with ink, rather than by just changing the entire internal cartridge).

Love the jetstream pens!

Awesome collection! Any Pilot vanishing point fans present?
:raising_hand: had mine for a few years now after spending over an hour at the store trying various fountain pens out. I have to use ballpoints at work so its sort of my tv-watching doodling pen. As a non-afficionado it seems like a basically perfect pen (Lamy Dialog occasionally catches my interest... it seems I may harbor some unexplored grudge against caps)

Last edited:
post-15630205
Post #139 of 139

shonky2

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I am curious if anyone here has ever seen an ink-refillable ballpoint? (I mean similar to how many fountain pens are refillable directly with ink, rather than by just changing the entire internal cartridge).

:raising_hand: had mine for a few years now after spending over an hour at the store trying various fountain pens out. I have to use ballpoints at work so its sort of my tv-watching doodling pen. As a non-afficionado it seems like a basically perfect pen (Lamy Dialog occasionally catches my interest... it seems I may harbor some unexplored grudge against caps)
I like the fact that you can come back to the vanishing point at any time and the ink just flows. I've had some Mont Blanc pens that if they sit for a length of time it takes some effort to get them to flow again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)