Let's talk about pens...
Oct 18, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #76 of 163
Not a collector, but I have found a few favorites over the years, wondering how popular they are with enthusiasts:

Delfonics wooden ballpoints- just for the desk since they aren't too tough, probably the finest point I've used, but most importantly have a satisfying click

imgrc0066639405.jpg

Caran d'Ache 849 ballpoint - using the same one for 5-6 years now at manual labor type work, only one small dent so far. Uses 'Goliath' cartridge which is presurized like Fischer's (was mistaken here, it's not pressurized) and also works on coated papers & lasts quite a while.
11464-Black.jpg
The last one, 849?looks really good. :call_me:

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #81 of 163

It's small, but it's got a good feel to it. Plus it's click feels positively toylike.
Oooo. A good click is amazing. What is it? Like, what brand?

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #85 of 163
Delfonics wooden ballpoints- just for the desk since they aren't too tough, probably the finest point I've used, but most importantly have a satisfying click

It will probably take a month to arrive from Japan but I have this coming.... because of you:)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MUF59H2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm always terrified when people take my rec's. Hope you dig it.

Don't be terrified... its a really nice simple pen!

I was really shocked to get it from Japan today after only 6 days.... my delivery window was Nov.10th to 24th. Of course I only got this one thing while my husband got a gazillion IEMs...

I do love the wood... it feels like a pencil but its really cool that it is a pen. I often write with pencils actually but never mechanical ones. I like a nice wooden pencil as I often need to correct things... I have never found one in the UK that I like. I stocked up last time I was in Michigan.

Over-packaging? Just the bubble wrapped pen in this box. I think all of my husbands parcels would have fit in this box!

R0012828.JPG

Jul 27, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #88 of 163
I've been collecting fountain pens for a few years now. Have over 50 in my collection from $1 Chinese imports to a few hundred dollar custom builds.

My favorites are Bexley Poseidon. Here are 2 examples. The black and yellow is a custom request I had made for me.

Both have medium nibs.
media-1532051947549-Jul_19_2018_12_50_PM.jpg

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #89 of 163
I've been collecting fountain pens for a few years now. Have over 50 in my collection from $1 Chinese imports to a few hundred dollar custom builds.

My favorites are Bexley Poseidon. Here are 2 examples. The black and yellow is a custom request I had made for me.

Both have medium nibs.

Very beautiful!

In your experience, how have the Chinese pens stacked up? Do you feel they offer the same “bang for the buck” value that we see with ChiFi audio gear (among other things)?

Jul 27, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #90 of 163
Very beautiful!

In your experience, how have the Chinese pens stacked up? Do you feel they offer the same “bang for the buck” value that we see with ChiFi audio gear (among other things)?

Most of them have been very good. I'm not a fan of the smaller nib sizes, so I go over to Goulet Pens online store and buy their replacement number 6 nibs in medium, broad and 1.1stub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back