Let's talk about pens...

1. HungryPanda
    Received my new tactical pen today:

IMG_20171012_154134[1].jpg

Fox2twenty likes this.
  2. Saoshyant
    So, spending a little more time with my "Intro to Pens" purchases. I prefer the feel of the Fisher, but prefer actually writing with the Jinhao. At least with my Fisher, it's perpetually writing with an amount that reminds me of an almost out of ink pen, but it could be due to the pressurized ink. The Jinhao's less comfortable & enjoyable to hold due to the larger size and my relatively small hands, but I really like how it writes so far. And for the Pilot fountain pen, it's pretty, and I don't mind writing with it, but I don't think it's for me. I think I might order a Lamy soon to see how I feel about it.

Fox2twenty likes this.
  3. Slater
    I thought those weren’t legal in UK?

Fox2twenty likes this.
  4. Slater
    Which cartridge are you using with the Fisher? They come in fine, medium, and thick. The feel is different between them (as is the line thickness obviously).

You could also try a gel refill, like the Schmidt Easy Flow 9000. I love how gel ink writes.

I’m 95% positive that the Jinhao uses gel ink. That may be why you like the writing feel.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Fox2twenty likes this.
  5. Saoshyant
    Just the original cart. I'll give your suggestion a try

Fox2twenty likes this.
  6. Slater
    Lemme verify that the Schmidt works in the Fisher. I use the Fisher ink in the Fisher. I only use the Schmidt in 1 of my Jinhaos. I’ll have to check which one.

Which one do you want to try the Schmidt in so I can make sure to check the right pen.

7. Saoshyant
    The Fisher telescoping pen wouls be grear if the pair works

8. HungryPanda
    As long as I don't take it outside just like having a samurai sword. Take them out and wave it about it's then a crime

Slater likes this.
  9. Saoshyant
    I could order them, then see if they fit as they'll probably fit my Jinhao. Worst comes to worst, I'd order a pen that use the Schmidt.

10. Slater
    Ok, so I checked and the a Schmidt isn’t an exact swap for the Fisher.

It fits the Jinhao x750 with a minor mod (drilling out the hole in the pen where the tip pokes through just a fraction of a millimeter).

It fits the Jinhao 601 basically as-is. There’s a very minor tweak to get it to fit the 601. I can post a photo to show what you need to do with the 601.

11. Saoshyant
    It would be nice if there was a useful compatibility list on Amazon. Amazon most often sells the .7mm refill with the Jinhao I bought but the question section says the .5mm. I'll have to look at the cart at work.

12. mbwilson111
    My Original Xiaomi Sign Pen arrived from Gearbest Thursday. The little white box it came is was bashed up but not one you would save anyway. It had just been sent in a padded envelope. The pen itself is very nice and it sits nicely in the "pen holder" that was bundled with my Auglamour rx-1 buds. I chose the gold because it appeared to be a nice matte rose gold...and it is. I figured everyone else here would get the silver:) This is the pen that started the pen chat in the other thread which led to the formation of this thread...

Meanwhile, I have been enjoying how my Fisher Telescoping Pen writes. I do not need to use any pressure which is great for my poor sad fingers! No writers cramp. I never did confront Amazon about the fact that mine appeared to be a return. Just never had the time to deal with it.

R0012760.JPG

HungryPanda likes this.
  13. Slater
    Glad you like your telescoping pen.

I bought a car this weekend, and the sales guy even complimented me on it when I pulled it out to sign all of the papers :)

mbwilson111 likes this.
  14. mbwilson111
    So, where is your photo of the car?

15. Slater
    It's nothing special. I totalled my other one, and ended up getting the same model again (only newer). I'll drive it for a few years, and when it's time give it to my daughter for college (which will be here before I know it lol).