Lets see your gym set ups!
Mar 29, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 32

Quote:

Oh my god does that mean you listen to the people in the gym, thats the worst, I would wear horse blinders if I could workout with them on..my workout=my time. 

Nope, i listen to podcasts
etysmile.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 32
Mine. Gotta have that bass bumpin'. :)

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #18 of 32

Quote:
Because it's smaller, sturdier, more convenient and i got it very cheap 2nd hand. Sound quality is not really my main worry at the gym or when i'm active with it and I don't really use it for anything else. I've had a Clip+ and ended up selling it, i almost never used it.

The Clip+ is great for podcasts. It will let you listen to some podcasts in a series of podcasts, some music, then turn off the player, and when you want to continue with the podcasts, it remembers which podcast file in the series of podcasts you were playing last(when aa files in each series has the same album tag), and what your position is in the file. AFAIK, only Sandisk players can do this. Its autoresume works for podcast and audiobook files(it remembers the place in all of those files that are partially played). Do Apple players have separate podcast and audiobook areas on their players like the Sandisk players have? I would hate to have podcasts play when I am shuffling my songs.

The Clip+ is a bit larger than the Shuffle, but still quite small. As for durability, the Clip+ is durable. I haven't seen any durability comparisons between the Shuffle and Clip+.

Quote:
Nope, i listen to podcasts
etysmile.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #19 of 32
As I said i've had the Clip+ so I know what I'm "missing", or not in this particular case. Yes, the shuffle rememebers your position in each of the podcasts and no, you cannot get a podcast in the middle of your shuffled songs. Podcasts are only acessible if you have the shuffle option turned off :)

I liked the Clip+, it's an amazing player, specially for the VERY reduced price, of course it trumples the shuffle in features and sound quality but for my specific needs the Shuffle is much better. I bought the Clip+ to have with me at all times if I wanted to listen to music but then i got an iPhone which pretty much serves that purpose and I don't need to carry an extra device. And the SQ is pretty good on my iPhone 3Gs, specially coupled with eQu and/or Equalizer

As for durability the clip might be durable, it did look and feel sturdy but the shuffle is made of brushed metal with almost no "breakable" parts, i can pretty much do anything to this and it wont break, even if it isn't more durable it certainly FEELS like it is which is a big factor aswell
wink_face.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #23 of 32

Quote:
Oh by the way...it's kind of fun using crap phones every once in awhile. It makes me appreciate higher end gear.
dt880smile.png

This man speaks the truth!

If you feel your best headphones are lacking or wanting to upgrade have a quick listen to your worst pair. The sensation of wanting more goes away instantly!

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #25 of 32

Quote:
Clip Zip and $5 Coby's. I don't need sound quality in the gym. Just the basic presentation of the song to get me pumped.

Spend $3 more and get the JVC Riptidz. You won't regret it.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #27 of 32

Quote:
you tried the coby before?

I tried the Coby earphones that came with a Coby AM/FM radio. They were the worst earphones I ever tried. I couldn't throw them in the trash fast enough. Why did I buy a Coby AM/FM radio? It was $5 and I wanted to hear if Coby products are as bad as people claim. As far as that radio went, I was expecting poor quality, however it was worse than I expected.
I bought it out of curiousity. Now when people bash the Coby brand, I can say I bought a Coby product and it was horrible.

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #28 of 32

Quote:

I tried the Coby earphones that came with a Coby AM/FM radio. They were the worst earphones I ever tried. I couldn't throw them in the trash fast enough. Why did I buy a Coby AM/FM radio? It was $5 and I wanted to hear if Coby products are as bad as people claim. As far as that radio went, I was expecting poor quality, however it was worse than I expected.
I bought it out of curiousity. Now when people bash the Coby brand, I can say I bought a Coby product and it was horrible.

which one did you have? i have the coby jammerz and i didnt think it was that bad. the bass is fun and enjoyable, the sound wasnt extremely detailed but i didnt find it that bad. well i havent listened to it for a long time and i actually gave my old pair away and i have a new pair of coby now and somehow the bass on the new ones is not as strong as the old one, dont know why but think its the fit. however, occasionally i did get the fit right and it still pumped bass for fun listening. but that was my first iem and my second iem was my hf5 and i immediately noticed details i didnt hear in songs i have heard a dozen times before, so i would think it doesnt have the details of a higher end iem but i didnt find it that horrible at all. which part of the sound quality was so horrible to you? and when i was using my coby, i was a very casual listener, that was before i tried to get into the whole audio thing. im still a noob to audio but was much more noobish before. and before using coby jammerz, i was using the ibuds and i was impressed by the improvement that offered, coming from using ibuds which barely has any bass or any high. the coby at least had some bass and i only bought the coby because it was cheap and i wanted to try out iems. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back