Lets see your gym set ups!
Mar 29, 2012 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

DiscoBurger

100+ Head-Fier
What up and hello,

If you guys are nerds like me, and I hope you are, you take your music seriously...even in the gym. 

I was curious to see what rigs people are rocking in the gym, so like the title says lets see what you guys are wearing when you are getting the "cuts". <-----please take that as sarcastically as i meant it. 

Heres my setup:

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 32
I don't work out at a gym. If I did, I would use a Sandisk Clip+ and a JVC Riptidz. Using cheap but decent enough gear at the gym is the way to go.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 32

iPod Shuffle and SoundMagic PL-30.
Perfect!

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 32
Why the Shuffle? It is $49 in the US for a 2GB Shuffle without a radio and without a card slot. A 2GB Clip+ is just $30. The Clip+ has a display, FM radio, and a micro SDHC card slot. One can add a 16GB microSDHC card to the Clip+, and have a great tiny 18GB player for under $50.

Do you have AAC files? The Clip+ doesn't support AAC files, but the newer Clip Zip($40 for a 4GB player) supports unprotected AAC files, displays album art, has a stopwatch and clock, and is otherwise almost the same as the Clip+(what is displayed is a bit different, but that can be changed with Rockbox).

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 32
for me its my ipod nano 6g 16gbs with my etymotic research hf5. thinking of getting the ipod classic 160 gbs if i ever fill my ipod nano up. my fiio e17 will be coming in a while then ill add that. my hf5 would probably soon retire as im aiming for an upgrade. 

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 32

Quote:
for me its my ipod nano 6g 16gbs with my etymotic research hf5. thinking of getting the ipod classic 160 gbs if i ever fill my ipod nano up. my fiio e17 will be coming in a while then ill add that. my hf5 would probably soon retire as im aiming for an upgrade. 

That costs around $250. I like the idea of a setup for the gym that costs under $50($30 2GB Clip+, $8 JVC Riptidz, and $11 16GB microSDHC card). If this is broken or lost, one won't be nearly as unhappy as trashing $250 of gear. The Riptidz is listed as being sweat and water resistant. It sounds quite good considering its $8 price.

Using an ipod Classic at the gym is a bad idea. Its hard drive is very vulnerable to shock and vibration.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 32

Quote:
That costs around $250. I like the idea of a setup for the gym that costs under $50($30 2GB Clip+, $8 JVC Riptidz, and $11 16GB microSDHC card). If this is broken or lost, one won't be nearly as unhappy as trashing $250 of gear. The Riptidz is listed as being sweat and water resistant. It sounds quite good considering its $8 price.

Using an ipod Classic at the gym is a bad idea. Its hard drive is very vulnerable to shock and vibration.

well i dont workout anyway, i was talking more about my portable rig actually...

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 32

Quote:
Why the Shuffle? It is $49 in the US for a 2GB Shuffle without a radio and without a card slot. A 2GB Clip+ is just $30. The Clip+ has a display, FM radio, and a micro SDHC card slot. One can add a 16GB microSDHC card to the Clip+, and have a great tiny 18GB player for under $50.

Do you have AAC files? The Clip+ doesn't support AAC files, but the newer Clip Zip($40 for a 4GB player) supports unprotected AAC files, displays album art, has a stopwatch and clock, and is otherwise almost the same as the Clip+(what is displayed is a bit different, but that can be changed with Rockbox).

Because it's smaller, sturdier, more convenient and i got it very cheap 2nd hand. Sound quality is not really my main worry at the gym or when i'm active with it and I don't really use it for anything else. I've had a Clip+ and ended up selling it, i almost never used it.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #11 of 32
Main concern of mine in the gym is definitely amount of sound and fit of headphones not necessarily sound quality...my fiio e5 has changed my gym experience, you just can't crank up those phonak audeo headphones high enough without a bass

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #13 of 32

Quote:
I feel like I switch songs too much to use that shuffle, don't you ever feel like you need to find a song like RIGHT AWAY? haha

Not really, I don't usually listen to music at the gym anyway
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back