Let's build Krmathis a Beta22!
Jul 15, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #61 of 590
I have an idea just tell me what you guys think. I have a Millet, well a populated board + populated buffer board, that I'm willing to put on auction for the good cause. It's never been tested or powered up so I don't know if I made any mistakes. All the stuff I built, up to now, always worked so you can decide whether you're willing to bid on it. The total amount raised can be donated directly on the account regarding this project, not to me.

Millett1.jpg

Regards

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #62 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeWa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an idea just tell me what you guys think. I have a Millet, well a populated board + populated buffer board, that I'm willing to put on auction for the good cause. It's never been tested or powered up so I don't know if I made any mistakes. All the stuff I built, up to now, always worked so you can decide whether you're willing to bid on it. The total amount raised can be donated directly on the account regarding this project, not to me.

Regards

Wow... this a very generous offer. Just goes to show how great this community can be.

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #64 of 590
I put $25 in the donation pot just now via paypal.

Jul 15, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #65 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anybody donated a volume control yet? If not, I'll donate a 4-gang 23-step Stepped Attenuator I was planning to use for my own Balanced Beta22
smily_headphones1.gif

I had offered a relay-based stepped attenuator, but its not balanced, so it sounds like your 4-gang might work out better...

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #66 of 590
As was mentioned earlier, if we exceed our budget. Those who are on the donors list will vote on how those proceeds are used.

GeWa, thank you for providing the Millett as an auction source for funds.

FallenAngel that's very generous, and helps us to reach our goal sooner rather than later. thank you.

Error401, the spreadsheet that you have created will become the official parts document and I will place it in the first post. The simple answer to what will be needed is for donors to look at the Parts received/donated list and then look at the spreadsheet too. Error401, will help me to keep the spreadsheet updated and everyone else who wants to, will audit it to keep it up to date. Parts donors are receiving PM's from me to get the shipping address. thanks again DIY community for helping this project to succeed. The first post will be listing cash and parts donors soon.

Jul 16, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #67 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For ****s and giggles? Nice
biggrin.gif

How can we say no to that........
biggrin.gif

.....I'm in the hat for $20. What a great project idea. Wish I was closer to sling solder with the amb build team.
cool.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #69 of 590
As I said earlier, I have the following to donate:

PCB standoffs
Nuts and bolts for the standoffs and heatsinks and else

Assorted 3:1 black heatshrink tubing

24AWG and 26AWG black silver platedd copper wire fron navships on ebay. (hookup wire)

1/8 and 1/4 black nilon multifilament

1: +15/+15 50VA dual primary toroidal transformer(might be useful for relay boards, E22 and other secondary circuits.

IEC module with fuse, power switch and AC filter built in.

I can donate any or all of the above. ATM I can't donate cash...
frown.gif

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #72 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The parts in the BOM currently are for a SE gain of 8x. Doesn't this result in a balanced gain of 16x? Is this perhaps a bit high (if my understanding is correct)?

For regular dynamics? Yes, too high.

For the K1000 Krmathis will use this with? It is probably appropriate.

Jul 16, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #73 of 590
I have mine setup with 8x gain balanced. Its nice to be able to run anything up to the K1000, so I thinks its ok for the Krmathis build.

Jul 16, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #75 of 590
You guys never ceases to amaze me.
It certainly looks like this β22 group-build will be a reality. Cause there have donated a nice amount of cash and parts so far... Awesome.

Thanks a lot everybody! Especially 'amphead' who got this "crazy" idea.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back