Let's build Krmathis a Beta22!
Jul 15, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #32 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the new group-build site with a donation link:
β22 Group-build Project

I have created a special PayPal account for this.

$20 donated from me. Very interesting concept. I really hope this pulls through
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #33 of 590
Btw, for those of you who are donating (or who had already sent a donation), if your email address doesn't obviously associate you with your head-fi nickname, please state it in the paypal comments field, so I'll know who you are. Also, I will add a list of donors to the web page. If you do not want to be listed, please also let me know in the comment.

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #35 of 590
Update: This will be a 4-channel balanced build, with available unbalanced connections as well. The target date to receive all parts/funds is 4 weeks from today. The build time-frame estimate is 2-4 months from all parts/funds received. None of that is written in stone and represents a guideline only. thank you for the response so far. It's looking like this is going to be the real deal based on the generosity of the DIY community. Edit: someone have some smelling salts? Krmathis appears to have fainted. :wink:

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:58 AM Post #37 of 590
If we are lucky enough to have an overage, for funds raised, what do you the contributors to this project think that should be spent on?

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:14 AM Post #38 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If we are lucky enough to have an overage, for funds raised, what do you the contributors to this project think that should be spent on?

Pizza, beer and strippers for the build crew. I expect photos!

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #40 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amphead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Krmathis appears to have fainted. :wink:

I am still with you. Barely!
Just stunned by the generosity of the Head-Fi members/community. I am rarely lost for words, but this is such a time...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #41 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw, for those of you who are donating (or who had already sent a donation), if your email address doesn't obviously associate you with your head-fi nickname, please state it in the paypal comments field, so I'll know who you are. Also, I will add a list of donors to the web page. If you do not want to be listed, please also let me know in the comment.

PayPal didn't give me a comment field for the donation, but $10 sent.

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #42 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwofsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any suggestions for toppings?

Whipped cream.

Oh, you mean for the pizzas.......
tongue.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #43 of 590
If you go with a Par-Metal case I have some FPE panels already designed up. Also have a I/O board (would need a old style balanced Joshua Tree though). I also think I have a bunch of Neutrik XLRs that could be used.

Edit: I also have a boat load of blue LEDs if that's the color you want to use.

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:54 AM Post #44 of 590
Do we have a target $ figure in mind? Not wanting to spoil the cost of the present, but it might be useful to shoot for a specific $ amount rather than working towards an unknown target.

I appreciate that much of the cost question will be down to how many parts are donated, but I think it is worth considering.

It might also be worth having a parts list that people can commit to and tick off as we go. So we don't have everyone arrive at the party with potato salad
smily_headphones1.gif

Thoughts?

BTW - I'm in.

Jul 15, 2008 at 11:22 AM Post #45 of 590
Very rough target is upwards of $500.00 or more, but alot depends on parts in lieu of cash donation. Yes we are very generous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back