Let the Drunks Drive Themselves Home, I Say ...
Aug 11, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #61 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisbenjamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can call crap, crap without resulting to slander and name calling. Mark the behavior unacceptable, and move on. There is this bizarre pack mentality forming around here where someone will post a controversial idea and in place of respecting a new or different idea for what it is, the person is enamored with criticism and is subsequently **** on - in place of rational discussion.

We all pass judgment on others, it's all about the manner in which we share those opinions. If it's a crazy idea call it that and move on, or discuss it - but keep it civil.

No, abortion, death penalty, legal age to drink/marry/enlist/gamble, political strategies, war decisions, and immigration are all topics worthy of discussion. This is absolute nonsense. If I said that Joseph Stalin was just defending himself from rivals, I would be shred to pieces on this forum, and rightly so.

When someone says something stupid, they should be called out. Otherwise they think it is justified to have that belief.

As far as you using the term "slander", there have been no lies or untruths spread about the OP and the particular posts he made in this thread. All objections to his posts have been correct, as he is demonstrating all of the qualities described about him by posting such absolute crap.

frozenice is free to have such "controversial" ideas, but in having them, he should not be surprised to take heat.

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #62 of 119
I have to agree with road here, you can't get away with saying whatever you want and not expect people to react appropriately. I think the reaction to frozenice is more then justified, if when I get back to buffalo for the semester I started yelling this stuff in the middle of the city I'd get my ass kicked.

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #64 of 119
Wait a sec... Was frozenice's avatar a 20 cent stamp before, or after this thread was started?

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #65 of 119
There was this kid who stole my kanji book in high school, I'm a hunt him down and shoot him in the face.

I wonder if he has a lawn.

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #66 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, abortion, death penalty, legal age to drink/marry/enlist/gamble, political strategies, war decisions, and immigration are all topics worthy of discussion. This is absolute nonsense. If I said that Joseph Stalin was just defending himself from rivals, I would be shred to pieces on this forum, and rightly so.

When someone says something stupid, they should be called out. Otherwise they think it is justified to have that belief.

As far as you using the term "slander", there have been no lies or untruths spread about the OP and the particular posts he made in this thread. All objections to his posts have been correct, as he is demonstrating all of the qualities described about him by posting such absolute crap.

frozenice is free to have such "controversial" ideas, but in having them, he should not be surprised to take heat.

You're ignoring my posts and jumping into the deep end for no reason. I never said that you couldn't discuss the problem, I said do it in a civil fashion - if the nuremberg trials could go down in a civil fashion - you can discuss someone getting a broken nose without name calling.

Calling someone a fool, is conjecture - it's not a fact, it's a subjective observation and not an observation shared by everyone.

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #67 of 119
Quote:

You're ignoring my posts and jumping into the deep end for no reason. I never said that you couldn't discuss the problem, I said do it in a civil fashion - if the nuremberg trials could go down in a civil fashion - you can discuss someone getting a broken nose without name calling.

Calling someone a fool, is conjecture - it's not a fact, it's a subjective observation and not an observation shared by everyone.

You're right. Not everyone believes that the OP is a whack, nor a loon, nor a troll, expressing whacky, loony, trollish ideas and opinions.

But that doesn't mean he isn't.

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #69 of 119
Quote:

I'm removing myself from this thread, enjoy the rest of the day fellas.

Let me be upfront: I appreciate your call to civility. I really do. If everyone exhibited good judgment and common sense in this thread, even if there are differing opinions, there would be very little reason to stray from civility. But when one acts like a fool (definition = a person who lacks good judgment), people are less inclined to act civil and tend to call things the way they are.

To say that the taxi driver tried to screw those two drunks out of 20 cents and deserved getting his nose broken is a textbook example of someone acting like a fool. Period. End of discussion.

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #71 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I wouldn't give to get back the 5 minutes of my life that I spent reading this thread.

--Jerome

Since the OP stole those 5 minutes from you, you can...

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #72 of 119
I see that frozenice has a canadian stamp in his avatar, i really hope this isnt so. I expected this kind of response from an american, but a Canadian i really hope not.

Its bad when people have this mind state that they think if someone touches them or inconviences them in any way, they should be able to beat that person down or kill em. It makes me scared, soon enough if i dont hold the door for someone their gonna beat my ass.

Lol 20 cents though i **** that every day cmon this is a joke im embarrased this happend, especially for a pro athlete. A young fit athlete beats up an old man for 20 cents, i hope he gets a week in jail n the **** kicked outta him there and show him what the real worlds like and realize he aint ****.

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #73 of 119
Quote:

I expected this kind of response from an american, but a Canadian i really hope not.

I know, I wuz surprised too. I think he's one of dem dere yanks pertenden' to be a Tru Canadian so he cun make us look bad. Nay, I say!

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #74 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see that frozenice has a canadian stamp in his avatar, i really hope this isnt so. I expected this kind of response from an american, but a Canadian i really hope not.
\

Oh the things I'd love to say, unfortunately, I'm not a complete b!tch so I'll leave my opinions of canada out of this
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back