Let the Drunks Drive Themselves Home, I Say ...
Aug 10, 2009 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 119

frozenice

100+ Head-Fier
Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane was charged with attacking a cab driver in his hometown Sunday, a beating that police said was triggered when the driver did not have 20 cents in change to give the player and his cousin.

Both men were charged with felony robbery and misdemeanor counts of theft of services and criminal mischief. Patrick Kane pleaded not guilty in City Court on Sunday, WIVB-TV reported. It was not immediately clear when James Kane will appear in court.
- from the globeandmail.com

Here we have a model citizen, who in fact may turn out be the best American-born hockey player ever, being arrested and charged with felony robbery just because he would not accept being fleeced for nickels and dimes by a two-bit loser who has nothing better to do with his life.

My opinion is that Patrick Kane and his cousin did nothing illegal, improper yes, but illegal, no. The fact of the matter was they didn't refuse to pay the cab driver for the fare, they refused to overpay for a service that they received.

The cab driver should of known that if you choose to play these kind of fraudulent little games with drunks at 3 or 4 in the morning that sooner or later one of them would get angry and give him a slap upside the head. It was an entirely predictable outcome and one that he brought upon himself and he is not the innocent victim he is pretending to be.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 119
drunk people are a nuisance anywhere they go.

if they drive themselves..they ll kill more people

i drink....but even when i am under influence...somehow my logical reasoning still works...sucks sometimes though that u cant dance like crazy.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 119
If a cabbie can't get you your change, you don't pay for the fare. He was a meathead for acting like he did when he could have just walked away. Even moreso considering his salary, matter of principle though it may have been.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 119
Way to ruin your life over 20 cents..

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 119
That's a most idiotic move but I will say this the EA Sports cover curse has struck again.

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #7 of 119
hope he brings those kind of balls to the rink next year, lords knows he has been missing his this past season. just because the cab driver did not have the correct change gives no right for someone else to psychically attack him, Candy Kane had no right to do what he did and should be charged with something minor to show the kids that look up to him that this is wrong. he fought over 20 cents yet when the cabbies lawyers get done it will cost him atleast $20 grand.

atleast he is not getting shot at, shooting at, shooting up, gambling, killing his ex, robbing a hotel room in Las Vegas, getting caught smoking a bong, raping people, dog fighting, and/or **** fighting like other "Role models" are in other sports..

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #8 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...atleast he is not getting shot at, shooting at, shooting up, gambling, killing his ex, robbing a hotel room in Las Vegas, getting caught smoking a bong, raping people, dog fighting, and/or **** fighting like other "Role models" are in other sports..

I'd rank gambling (unless he's betting on pro sports) and recreational drug use as being far lesser crimes over his violent behaviour...

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane was charged with attacking a cab driver in his hometown Sunday, a beating that police said was triggered when the driver did not have 20 cents in change to give the player and his cousin.

Both men were charged with felony robbery and misdemeanor counts of theft of services and criminal mischief. Patrick Kane pleaded not guilty in City Court on Sunday, WIVB-TV reported. It was not immediately clear when James Kane will appear in court.
- from the globeandmail.com

Here we have a model citizen, who in fact may turn out be the best American-born hockey player ever, being arrested and charged with felony robbery just because he would not accept being fleeced for nickels and dimes by a two-bit loser who has nothing better to do with his life.

My opinion is that Patrick Kane and his cousin did nothing illegal, improper yes, but illegal, no. The fact of the matter was they didn't refuse to pay the cab driver for the fare, they refused to overpay for a service that they received.

The cab driver should of known that if you choose to play these kind of fraudulent little games with drunks at 3 or 4 in the morning that sooner or later one of them would get angry and give him a slap upside the head. It was an entirely predictable outcome and one that he brought upon himself and he is not the innocent victim he is pretending to be.

This is the stupidest post I have seen in a while.

Are you kidding me, frozenice? You would rather a drunk drive home? You are condoning the beat down of an older man over 20 frickin' cents? Have you lost your mind, or are you that into hockey that you cannot be rational anymore?

This moron and his brother should be beaten publicly to show them a lesson. They are nothing more than drunk cheap losers.

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #11 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Both men were charged with felony robbery and misdemeanor counts of theft of services and criminal mischief. Patrick Kane pleaded not guilty in City Court on Sunday, WIVB-TV reported. It was not immediately clear when James Kane will appear in court. - from the globeandmail.com

IANAL but I do believe felony robbery and misdemeanour counts of theft of services and criminal mischief is illegal. I don't care if you think it's alright not to be reasonable and attack a old man but that doesn't make it legal.

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #12 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the stupidest post I have seen in a while.

Are you kidding me, frozenice? You would rather a drunk drive home? You are condoning the beat down of an older man over 20 frickin' cents? Have you lost your mind, or are you that into hockey that you cannot be rational anymore?

This moron and his brother should be beaten publicly to show them a lesson. They are nothing more than drunk cheap losers.

frozenice retarted opinion isn't worth replying to. I didn't know beating someone up is legal. Just improper, like using the dessert fork for the main meal. And driving home drunk is perfectly fine too, drink gives you Mike Schmu. driving skill.

Idiot.

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #13 of 119
I am of the opinion that the cab driver who was stealing from Kane and his cousin. They (Kane and his cousin) offered and gave the cab driver a sufficient amount of money to pay for the fare. It was the cab driver who decided to fleece them for a couple of dimes and that the two Kanes were merely defending themselves from a fraudster preying on drunks in the middle of the night.

If on the other hand Kane refused to pay for the fare and run away or attempt to rob the cab driver of all his money in his possession than yes, the charges they were charged with would be appropriate. But, that is not the case here.

If the cab driver is allowed by the city of Buffalo to charge people riding in his taxi the amount on the meter, it would be the cab driver's responsibility to be able to provide a reasonable amount of change to his paying customers. That is his job and his responsibility and he failed to do his job professionally. Whether he was just incompetent or a fraudster should be something the police force should be looking into.

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 119
Defending themselves? Did the cabbie physically assault them first, and to a point that they had no choice but fight back? If he was conning them, they could've you know... reported them to the proper authorities. Or take a deuce in his cab, either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back