Let the Drunks Drive Themselves Home, I Say ...
Aug 10, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #31 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am of the opinion that the cab driver who was stealing from Kane and his cousin. They (Kane and his cousin) offered and gave the cab driver a sufficient amount of money to pay for the fare. It was the cab driver who decided to fleece them for a couple of dimes and that the two Kanes were merely defending themselves from a fraudster preying on drunks in the middle of the night.

If on the other hand Kane refused to pay for the fare and run away or attempt to rob the cab driver of all his money in his possession than yes, the charges they were charged with would be appropriate. But, that is not the case here.

If the cab driver is allowed by the city of Buffalo to charge people riding in his taxi the amount on the meter, it would be the cab driver's responsibility to be able to provide a reasonable amount of change to his paying customers. That is his job and his responsibility and he failed to do his job professionally. Whether he was just incompetent or a fraudster should be something the police force should be looking into.

I can't decide if you're joking or the dumbest person to post on a forum outside of 4chan.

I really hope the former but I've already lost hope for humanity so most likely its the latter.

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #32 of 119
Yes, I am defending Kane here because I believe him to be a victim of theft of twenty cents. Maybe it is an insignificant amount of money but it was money he was legally entitled to and it was the legal responsibility of the cab driver to give him the correct change.

The cabbie started the fight and it was a very dumb decision on his part and I don't care nor does it matter why he didn't have any change in his cab.

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #33 of 119
What else but this can one expect in a society saturated with:

alcohol

people who think they are entitled to settle things with fists, or worse

rabid fanboys

internet forums

??????????????????

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #35 of 119
A) How the hell do you know my name?!

2) Do you tip janitors? Cooks? The busboy? Your bank teller? Plumber? Teacher? McD's cashier? What are waiters/cabbies/delivery boys entitled to that these people aren't? I used to be a waiter, and I never thought little of anyone because they didn't leave a "tip". Otherwise, I would've been the scumbag. Tips are gratutities.

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #36 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone ban this tool.

I disagree with the OP, and I think his position is unreasonable. But what has he done to deserve a ban? He's stated an opinion with which most others disagree. And he hasn't attacked anyone personally.

You, on the other hand, called him an idiot.

Watch out when you wave that ban stick. It can have unintended consequences.

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #37 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A) How the hell do you know my name?!

2) Do you tip janitors? Cooks? The busboy? Your bank teller? Plumber? Teacher? McD's cashier? What are waiters/cabbies/delivery boys entitled to that these people aren't? I used to be a waiter, and I never thought little of anyone because they didn't leave a "tip". Otherwise, I would've been the scumbag. Tips are gratutities.

Dude, your real name obviously is Mr. Pink.

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #39 of 119
OP, I have a difficult time believing that anyone could think that it is alright to assault someone for being shorted 20 cents. Even if someone stole a quarter from me, I don't think it would be acceptable to beat them. On top of that, isn't it possible that the cab driver didn't have any coins? When was the last time that you took a cab for 9.67 and didn't give the cabbie at least $10 even? I imagine that they deal almost exclusively in round amounts.

This hockey player is was being a giant ass and deserves to see some consequences for his actions.

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #40 of 119
For you, kirosia:

rdogstv.jpg

wink.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #41 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirebottleRon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because its how they make their living Einstein. Sure, if they suck then forget the tip, but if you go somewhere where tipping is standard operating procedure and you don't tip, then you are a scumbag and you should stick with McDonalds and the bus.

and if there is no bus service should you drive home ?

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #44 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I am defending Kane here because I believe him to be a victim of theft of twenty cents. Maybe it is an insignificant amount of money but it was money he was legally entitled to and it was the legal responsibility of the cab driver to give him the correct change.

The cabbie started the fight and it was a very dumb decision on his part and I don't care nor does it matter why he didn't have any change in his cab.

I hereby certify you as the head of the Singlepower Collection Agency. You will report to duty tomorrow. You think 20 cents is bad...

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #45 of 119
@ Frozen, I believe the issue most people have is with the "beating the old man" part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back