Let the Drunks Drive Themselves Home, I Say ...
Aug 10, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #46 of 119
A couple of humorous quotes I got from a story about this subject.

"I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for this. Perhaps Kane was saving his money for a reverse lobotomy. <snip> Cheap, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #47 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ Frozen, I believe the issue most people have is with the "beating the old man" part.

It is unfortunate but I never condoned such behaviour. My opinion was Kane's behaviour was improper but not illegal and that Kane had a right to protect himself and his property, which was what he was doing.

There is a line in the sand and it has to be at $13.80 and it can't be anywhere else.

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #48 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no farther! And I will make them pay for what they've done!"

You've broke your little ships.

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #49 of 119
^^Yes you are. You're condoning his violent act under the circumstances.

How was he protecting himself? Did the cabbie attack him first? Did he attempt to straight out mug Kane? Was he armed? If a ten-year-old stole my skateboard, I don't think I'd be legally able to kick his arse after catching him.

Aug 10, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #50 of 119
Quote:

It is unfortunate but I never condoned such behaviour. My opinion was Kane's behaviour was improper but not illegal and that Kane had a right to protect himself and his property, which was what he was doing.

There is a line in the sand and it has to be at $13.80 and it can't be anywhere else.

You need to learn the law, because you are looking like a fool. A grade A+ fool.

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #51 of 119
frozenice may be expressing what some might consider idiocy, sure - However, i'm confused as to why it's necessary to call him names, and insult him for his views? It is possible to describe your personal beliefs or views without slander or resorting to name calling.

It's becoming a theme here, and it's not fun.

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #52 of 119
^ I think people are just overwhelmed that he thinks what he does, to the point where he started thread on it.

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #53 of 119
Quote:

Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane was charged with attacking a cab driver in his hometown Sunday, a beating that police said was triggered when the driver did not have 20 cents in change to give the player and his cousin.

So this Patrick Kane didn't tip I'm taking it? IMO this cheapskate deserves what's coming.

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #54 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisbenjamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, i'm confused as to why it's necessary to call him names, and insult him for his views? It is possible to describe your personal beliefs or views without slander or resorting to name calling.

Well, the name calling may be a bit much, but it is hard to restrain oneself when someone suggests it's ok to beat somebody up for $.20 and that drunk driving is ok. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I suppose, but some opinions are downright stupid, if not potentially harmful.

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #55 of 119
Kane is charged with very serious felony charges which I think are both wrong and improper in the case at hand. I think the cab driver deliberately defrauded the two Kanes which resulted in what happened.

I think because the cab industry is regulated the onus is on the owners and operators to run a tight and proper ship. And this is the price of having monopoly powers where competition is disallowed. This enables the cab drivers a fair and equitable return for their work and if they have a problem with the pay scale withholding money from passengers isn't "okay".

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #56 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisbenjamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frozenice may be expressing what some might consider idiocy, sure - However, i'm confused as to why it's necessary to call him names, and insult him for his views? It is possible to describe your personal beliefs or views without slander or resorting to name calling.

It's becoming a theme here, and it's not fun.

Judgment is what allows people to know what is right and wrong. If we all adopt this "don't pass judgment on others" nonsense, imagine what the world would be like. To post such clueless posts calls for a bit of calling out. Crap is crap, and it needs to be identified as such.

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #57 of 119
I would have just tipped the guy another .20. Honestly, life is to short people! Where is that adam california guy when you need a poll (If a 62 year old taxi driver was short .20 on you change.... Would you just tip .20 or beat the guy up for it)?

Aug 10, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #58 of 119
Quote:

Kane is charged with very serious felony charges which I think are both wrong and improper in the case at hand.

Then you should start your own country and establish laws that are entirely different than those that currently prevail in the U.S.
wink_face.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #60 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Judgment is what allows people to know what is right and wrong. If we all adopt this "don't pass judgment on others" nonsense, imagine what the world would be like. To post such clueless posts calls for a bit of calling out. Crap is crap, and it needs to be identified as such.

You can call crap, crap without resulting to slander and name calling. Mark the behavior unacceptable, and move on. There is this bizarre pack mentality forming around here where someone will post a controversial idea and in place of respecting a new or different idea for what it is, the person is enamored with criticism and is subsequently **** on - in place of rational discussion.

We all pass judgment on others, it's all about the manner in which we share those opinions. If it's a crazy idea call it that and move on, or discuss it - but keep it civil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back