Let the Drunks Drive Themselves Home, I Say ...
Aug 10, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #16 of 119
I can't believe the number of people defending two drunks beating up a poor, 62-year-old cab driver over 20 cents. Twenty cents? Let me make note of those who defend Kane's actions so I never sell to them through Headfi. I'd hate to hear the stink they raise if something minor goes wrong with the deal. If a pair of headphones fails to arrive, then it would obviously be morally okay to go to the seller's home and shoot them.

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #17 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the cab driver is allowed by the city of Buffalo to charge people riding in his taxi the amount on the meter, it would be the cab driver's responsibility to be able to provide a reasonable amount of change to his paying customers. That is his job and his responsibility and he failed to do his job professionally...

...and as a result, he took a severe beating from two young meatheads, one of whom is a professional athlete. I fail to see how this excuses their behaviour whatsoever. Next time I find a broken egg in a fresh new carton, instead of blaming myself for not checking, I'm going to kill a stockboy.

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #18 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the stupidest post I have seen in a while.

Are you kidding me, frozenice? You would rather a drunk drive home? You are condoning the beat down of an older man over 20 frickin' cents? Have you lost your mind, or are you that into hockey that you cannot be rational anymore?

This moron and his brother should be beaten publicly to show them a lesson. They are nothing more than drunk cheap losers.

This. OP is an ignorant fool if his is anything other than a troll post, and in either case, it's not worth replying to. I'll consider his opinion on anything henceforth discredited, from here on out.

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #19 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't believe the number of people defending two drunks beating up a poor, 62-year-old cab driver over 20 cents. Twenty cents? Let me make note of those who defend Kane's actions so I never sell to them through Headfi. I'd hate to hear the stink they raise if something minor goes wrong with the deal. If a pair of headphones fails to arrive, then it would obviously be morally okay to go to the seller's home and shoot them.

By my count, there is exactly one poster defending Kane's right to deliver a beatdown. Did you arrive at a different figure?

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #20 of 119
Quote:

I am of the opinion that the cab driver who was stealing from Kane and his cousin. They (Kane and his cousin) offered and gave the cab driver a sufficient amount of money to pay for the fare. It was the cab driver who decided to fleece them for a couple of dimes and that the two Kanes were merely defending themselves from a fraudster preying on drunks in the middle of the night.

If on the other hand Kane refused to pay for the fare and run away or attempt to rob the cab driver of all his money in his possession than yes, the charges they were charged with would be appropriate. But, that is not the case here.

If the cab driver is allowed by the city of Buffalo to charge people riding in his taxi the amount on the meter, it would be the cab driver's responsibility to be able to provide a reasonable amount of change to his paying customers. That is his job and his responsibility and he failed to do his job professionally. Whether he was just incompetent or a fraudster should be something the police force should be looking into.

Yep, it's official: frozenice = GirgleMirt in terms of logical reasoning. Hell, they might be the same person!

For details, see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/doe...39/index3.html

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #21 of 119
Quote:

For those of you who dont believe in tipping cabbies and waiters, you are low life scumbags and I recommend you not take cabs and that you strictly eat at places like McDonalds.

Those people are automatically entitled to a tip.. why?

Aug 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #24 of 119
This is sad.

From Wikipedia:

"On August 9, 2009, Kane and his cousin, James M. Kane, were arrested in Buffalo. According to a police report, Kane was apprehended around 5:00 a.m. after allegedly punching a cab driver, breaking his nose, when he said he did not have proper change for their trip fare. The driver was short twenty cents.[14] Kane has been charged with second-degree robbery, fourth-degree criminal mischief, and theft of services. He has pleaded not guilty."

Aug 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #26 of 119
Quote:

Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane was charged with attacking a cab driver in his hometown Sunday, a beating that police said was triggered when the driver did not have 20 cents in change to give the player and his cousin.

Both men were charged with felony robbery and misdemeanor counts of theft of services and criminal mischief. Patrick Kane pleaded not guilty in City Court on Sunday, WIVB-TV reported. It was not immediately clear when James Kane will appear in court.
- from the globeandmail.com

Here we have a model citizen, who in fact may turn out be the best American-born hockey player ever, being arrested and charged with felony robbery just because he would not accept being fleeced for nickels and dimes by a two-bit loser who has nothing better to do with his life.

My opinion is that Patrick Kane and his cousin did nothing illegal, improper yes, but illegal, no. The fact of the matter was they didn't refuse to pay the cab driver for the fare, they refused to overpay for a service that they received.

The cab driver should of known that if you choose to play these kind of fraudulent little games with drunks at 3 or 4 in the morning that sooner or later one of them would get angry and give him a slap upside the head. It was an entirely predictable outcome and one that he brought upon himself and he is not the innocent victim he is pretending to be.

What!!!!!!!!!

you think they did nothing wrong!!!!!

they beat someone over 20 cents and your solution to it is to allow drink driving????

Aug 10, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #28 of 119
I... what.... why did I open this thread

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #29 of 119
I saw the name of the thread, and just had to see what this was all about... I immediately regretted that decision.

I mean really? Someone is in defense of Kane here? That's an insult to all humans, you've hurt my feelings frozenice.

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #30 of 119
I have been royally screwed by a cabbie before. When they turn off the meter and start guesstimating it can get ugly. Worse yet, my extremely frugal friend started arguing with the driver over the price, and he was the only one with cash left. So, the cabbie suggested we get out at a strip club, which the frugal idiot decides is a good idea. Upon finding that the cover is $15, he goes back to the cab, but gets quoted a higher price this time for the ride home. I finally just jumped in and told him to drive by an ATM and I'd give him whatever he wanted for the ride. I was in no shape to walk. Were I an angrier person (like, say, a professional hockey player) I might have decided to teach him a lesson about treating drunk customers that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back