Legit Sennheiser IE8s?
Oct 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #62 of 79
Alright, it looks like Sennheiser is interested now and wants me to send them in, I'll probably do that this weekend when I have some time, thanks for the help guys!

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #63 of 79
Any update? I'd really like a pair for $190
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #64 of 79
I called Sennheiser and confirm Dakmart is authorized reseller and if I receive a fake one, they would take care of it if Dakmart fails to do so. That sounds reassuring to me. I tried to buy a refurb through Amazon seller, Adgtron, who claims to be authorized but their name turned up on Sennheiser NONauthorized list.  List can be found here >>>  http://www.sennheiserusa.com/DLocator/nonauthorizedList.asp

I will be ordering from Dakmart on Monday.

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #65 of 79
if they are authorized, than dakmart selling ie8 for 189 is pretty damn cheap :xf_eek:

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #71 of 79

I just got my IE8 from dakmart.com and I took some pictures. I wonder if they are genuine. sorry for my bad iphone 4 camera. I also bought those from buy.com market place for an extra layer of protection.

Jan 3, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #72 of 79
They look legit to me based on old photos I've seen of fake IE8s ... the logo on the IEMs look clearly defined whereas old fakes used to have a logo that looked a little bit fat, rounded and poorly defined.

Maybe the fakes have got better but based on what I've seen in the past I don't think you've got anything to worry about. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. I've always thought that if you listen to them you should be able to tell the difference between a legit and a fake pair. If they are fake surely they sound rubbish, but then I've never heard what the fakes ones sound like.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #73 of 79
dakmart is listed as authorized dealer in sennheiser website. As for the fake IE8 XtT got from dakmart, i don't know. It might be some fool bought the fake IE8 and the real IE8 and returned the real one with the fake inside. That is just my guess. As for the sound, at the lowest setting, it has less bass than my IE7, but much more than any of my armature driver earphones. 

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #74 of 79
damn, the deal from dakmart is 120$ less than what I paid on ebay with intl' shipping. I almost wish it is fake so I'll feel less bad about the wasted money ;P
I'm still waiting on my mine to arrive in the mail, they better be great :)

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #75 of 79

Quote:
dakmart is listed as authorized dealer in sennheiser website. As for the fake IE8 XtT got from dakmart, i don't know. It might be some fool bought the fake IE8 and the real IE8 and returned the real one with the fake inside. That is just my guess. As for the sound, at the lowest setting, it has less bass than my IE7, but much more than any of my armature driver earphones. 

Yours looks legit. Someone said Dakmart get their supply directly from Sennheiser. You can scan your invoice, email Sennheiser - they answered email faster when you are an actually customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back