Legit Sennheiser IE8s?
Sep 27, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #46 of 79
B-stock can be returned from a customer, display units, units sent for review, damaged packaging, minor cosmetic blemish, or something of the like.

Refurbished are B-stock items that have been inspected, restored (if needed) and ensured that they are in "as-new" working condition. (not necessarily cosmetically)  No matter what the reason for refurbishing (even if a customer opened the box, didn't like the color and then returned it), they cannot be sold again as new.  

Manufacturer refurbished is much better than third party refurbished.

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #47 of 79
Thanks for clearing that up, so they SHOULD sound like new ones. I'll know soon as soon as my new pair comes from RazorDog, I think I should just return these.

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #48 of 79
Dakmart has a pretty bad return policy as you must call them to get an RMA and the item must be unopened. Even then they will charge you a restocking fee of 20%. I think this return policy is the reason why they have a poor business rating.

I paid thru buy.com and used a credit card in the hopes that buy.com would step in on my behalf or at least put some pressure on dakmart if this deal went south. Credit card was used as well since the policy on mine has pretty good protection in place for me if I should dispute a charge- not sure if all credit cards have the same level of protection.

Even though this deal worked out for me had I known about the deal to get these new for $280 I probably would have gone that route- although there is nothing to prevent someone from getting a fake unit as new either.

Please keep us up to date once your shipment comes in. If your refurbished units end up being fakes be sure to take pics and post them up so people have another reference point to compare.

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #49 of 79

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up, so they SHOULD sound like new ones. I'll know soon as soon as my new pair comes from RazorDog, I think I should just return these.

You can't say that for sure.  It's possible a customer bought a pair of IE8's, burned them in for 2 weeks straight, auditioned them for a week, and then returned them within a 30 day window.

They could be fully burned in.

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #50 of 79

Quote:
Dakmart has a pretty bad return policy as you must call them to get an RMA and the item must be unopened. Even then they will charge you a restocking fee of 20%. I think this return policy is the reason why they have a poor business rating.

I paid thru buy.com and used a credit card in the hopes that buy.com would step in on my behalf or at least put some pressure on dakmart if this deal went south. Credit card was used as well since the policy on mine has pretty good protection in place for me if I should dispute a charge- not sure if all credit cards have the same level of protection.

Even though this deal worked out for me had I known about the deal to get these new for $280 I probably would have gone that route- although there is nothing to prevent someone from getting a fake unit as new either.

Please keep us up to date once your shipment comes in. If your refurbished units end up being fakes be sure to take pics and post them up so people have another reference point to compare.

In case anyone was wondering, the IE8s I received from razordogdeals for $280 were indeed real. Red Chip, Thin lines, etc. Not to mention they don't sound fake.

XtT, unfortunately there is no way those things from Dakmart are real..

Wylm brought up a good point about Dakmarts return policy, and remember that Razordogdeals charges 15% restocking fee as well.

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #51 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranz12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

XtT, unfortunately there is no way those things from Dakmart are real..

Just got mine refurbished in from Dakmart. They are in the bag as described by Wylm5 and come with everything in the retail version except the ridiculous box. Mine look and sound exactly like a non-burned in pair of Sennheiser IE8s: red chip in right earpiece, Y-divider, and plug. The logo on the carrying case is also identical to my original retail version.

I will say +1 for legit from Dakmart.

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #52 of 79

Quote:
Just got mine refurbished in from Dakmart. They are in the bag as described by Wylm5 and come with everything in the retail version except the ridiculous box. Mine look and sound exactly like a non-burned in pair of Sennheiser IE8s: red chip in right earpiece, Y-divider, and plug. The logo on the carrying case is also identical to my original retail version.

I will say +1 for legit from Dakmart.

Well I'm sure its a hit or miss.. But just the thought that Dakmart has fakes (such as the one XtT got) mixed in with ones that are factory refurbed is just bad news..

Sep 27, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #53 of 79

Quote:
Well I'm sure its a hit or miss.. But just the thought that Dakmart has fakes (such as the one XtT got) mixed in with ones that are factory refurbed is just bad news..

Yeah, really bad news and really surprising than an AD is associated with fake goods. I wonder if people are returning fakes after buying new ones and they're just being recycled by Sennheiser? They certainly can look real with only a quick glance, but it seems unlikely that they'd make it through QC. And if this is the case it raises the question of why the fake refurbs were re-sold with retail packaging while the real refurbs arrive in large drug bags.

I'm curious to see how the new ones compare to XtT's probable fakes.

Sep 28, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #54 of 79
Bashot- glad to hear yours are the real deal and thanks for the compliments earlier in the thread, just trying to do my part.

XtT- Don't forget that Dakmart is an authorized dealer. If they, buy.com (if you used them) don't step up to the plate contact Senn directly. I believe these have the 2 year warranty and they should replace them due to defect (poor sound quality) or due to them being fakes bought through their AD. I've dealt with other high end manufacturers like Klipsch and they generally will bend over backwards to satisfy a customer that buys their high end stuff and can prove it was bought from an AD.

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #55 of 79

Quote:
Bashot- glad to hear yours are the real deal and thanks for the compliments earlier in the thread, just trying to do my part.

XtT- Don't forget that Dakmart is an authorized dealer. If they, buy.com (if you used them) don't step up to the plate contact Senn directly. I believe these have the 2 year warranty and they should replace them due to defect (poor sound quality) or due to them being fakes bought through their AD. I've dealt with other high end manufacturers like Klipsch and they generally will bend over backwards to satisfy a customer that buys their high end stuff and can prove it was bought from an AD.

I contact Sennheiser and they said "Dakmart is an authorized reseller of refurbished/B-stock goods", should I call them and try to get a replacement?

Sep 28, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #56 of 79
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_warranty

Looks like there's a 90 day warranty on refurbished products. I would send it in during that time period if Dakmart or buy.com doesn't solve your problems.

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #57 of 79

Quote:
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_warranty

Looks like there's a 90 day warranty on refurbished products. I would send it in during that time period if Dakmart or buy.com doesn't solve your problems.

Funny thing is if you look at the ad from buy.com, they apparently say 2 years warranty period. That is obviously misleading

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #58 of 79
I just got my IE8s from Razor Dog Deals and now I'm sure the ones from Dakmart are fake, they sound completely different. I'll probably try that Warranty option.

EDIT: Yea, these sound much better, even at the lowest bass setting with the default earbuds, they have more bass than the fakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back