Legit Sennheiser IE8s?
Sep 26, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #31 of 79
Well I ordered these through buy.com as well. They are refurbs, packaging is as follows- you will get the case, tips, clip, tool and instruction manual- all of this comes in a clear bag with a cardboard top that is just stapled on. See pictures below:

I inspected the unit against the thread that points out what fakes look like and this seems like the real thing as the logo on the unit is very detailed, the "R" is angled and it has the red wire thingy. More importantly it sounds quite good as well, strong bass and detailed highs that are enough for my listening tastes. I haven't noticed any change so far with about 20 hours of burn in.

To the OP- do you have a good seal? The tips that came with this unit are not the best around and I found it difficult to obtain a good seal. Hope that is the case with you.

Too anybody that is on the fence perhaps you would be better at ease if you just went with the 280 dollar deal that the other poster mentioned. Hope the pics helped.

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #32 of 79
Yea I'm missing the red bits and the R appears not to be angled, I'll try to get some pictures up.

I don't know if this is only in comparison to my previous X10s but the bass on these are decidedly underwhelming.

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #33 of 79

Quote:
Yea I'm missing the red bits and the R appears not to be angled, I'll try to get some pictures up.

I don't know if this is only in comparison to my previous X10s but the bass on these are decidedly underwhelming.

Well i don't know how the image x10's compare to custom 3's but the bass on the ie8 is significantly more than on the C3- although i think the C3's were a bit more "tight". If anything the ie8 might have a little too much bass although I still hear little details in them that I do not hear with the C3's.

Really feel bad for you and hope you get this all sorted out in short order. I would send pictures of your unit to Senn and ask that they give it a once over on goodwill. Maybe even they got duped by someone returning a fake unit?

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #34 of 79
its possible that not all their IE8's are from the same source, and somehow some fake ones got mixed in as well.  

It is a risk at this point if one member got fakes and one got genuine IE8's. (and it looks like that is what happened)  If you end up getting fake ones you'll have to go through a painful process of dealing with whoever to get your money back.

Sep 26, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #35 of 79
2q9b23p.jpg

15xsmbr.jpg

Yep, looks different to me

EDIT: I'll try to get some higher quality pictures up

Sep 26, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #36 of 79

Quote:

Hey, just for reference. I got IE8 and X10 back than. According to my memory, IE8 bass was absolutely stronger than X10 no matter how shallow your insertion is.

Sep 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #37 of 79

Quote:

Hey, just for reference. I got IE8 and X10 back than. According to my memory, IE8 bass was absolutely stronger than X10 no matter how shallow your insertion is.

Thanks, I ordered what'll hopefully be a legitimate pair from RazorDogDeals on 2 day shipping so I'll be able to compare soon.

Sep 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #38 of 79
@XtT

On the pics you posted of the S logo of the actual earpieces, the 90 Degree angled lines look definately fatter than on my ie8

I hope you get everything worked out well!

Good Luck!!!!!!

Sep 27, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #39 of 79

Fake left, real right.  The fake was taken by someone else.  The real is mine.  It does show how decent the fakes are.  However, the rear ones are much sharper and clean edged.  The S logo lines are thinner and tighter against the S symbol.  There's a lot of space around the border, and everything's clean and squared off.

Sep 27, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #40 of 79
@XtT

Quick question. Did you try to turn bass knob to 5. For me,  the bass impact is quite different from 1 to 5. As far as i know, the fake one should make no difference for your setting with knob

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #41 of 79
I feel your pain man, i hate people that sell fakes!! I spent about a month deciding where to get my IE8's

It seems counterfeiters seem to really like targeting Sennheiser products

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #43 of 79
Sennheiser responded saying dakmart was an authorized reseller specializing in refurbished and b stock goods, what exactly is b stock? It looks like I'm going to have to call them.

Sep 27, 2010 at 9:16 AM Post #44 of 79
Looks fake. Sorry mate, but it's probably fake. It looks different from mine. The rough cut logo on the case, and the thick silver lines of the logo on the phones. And the holographic sticker on the package doesn't help. Fakes and genuine senns come with those and they look identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back