Legit Sennheiser IE8s?
Sep 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #16 of 79
Bugger
frown.gif

Check for me, do they have a hologram on the back of the black box near the diagram of the jack?
I'd phone Sennheiser, they seem to be taking counterfeiting quite seriously, and Dakmart is an authorised dealer who according to them is a big reseller, so I expect that Dakmart should get in some serious trouble here, and you should get dealt with particularly well.

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #17 of 79
I wanted to chime in my experience..

I figured since Dakmart was an authorized sennheiser dealer, I ordered the refurb IE8s as well. But I ended up canceling my order 20 mins later after finding out what BBB.org was saying about them.

I ended up buying from razordogdeals.com (which is also an authorized dealer) new for $280? There's a coupon code floating around in the appreciation thread.

Good luck!

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #18 of 79
I have contacted both Dakmart and Sennheiser, Dakmart insists that they are legit, however I find it hard to believe that these would have no bass whatsoever. In addition, the R and the L printed are printed straight rather than angled. Still waiting on Sennheiser's response.

Quote:
tranz12 said:

I wanted to chime in my experience..

I figured since Dakmart was an authorized sennheiser dealer, I ordered the refurb IE8s as well. But I ended up canceling my order 20 mins later after finding out what BBB.org was saying about them.

I ended up buying from razordogdeals.com (which is also an authorized dealer) new for $280? There's a coupon code floating around in the appreciation thread.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'll probably buy from them after I get this sorted out.

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #19 of 79
Weird, I switched the tips and let them burn in for a while and they sound somewhat better, still aren't convinced these aren't fake though, I'll probably buy a pair from razordogdeals just to compare, sucks for me as a poor college student though

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #23 of 79
fake IE8s and 7s have holograms as well.  I've purchased IE7's at a low low price just for kicks once and the box was well made with a hologram on the back.

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #27 of 79
I have a set of IE8 refurbs coming from Dakmart that should arrive Monday or Tuesday. I'm replacing a set of IE8s that I lost 2 weeks ago, so I have all the packaging from the real set that I can use to compare to Dakmart's. I'll post my comparison when I get a chance. I remember really enjoying certain songs on the ie8s and will try to capture that again with the refurbs to see if they sound real. I had probably 500 hours on the set I lost so they might sound different from the potentially unused refurbs. Wish me luck.

gameboy, I'll also let you know how badly I was dinged with tax and duty (I'm in Ontario as well).

Edit: I know dakmart has a bad rep online, but the service I received while buying these was surprisingly good and shipping was fast. I got a slight discount and prompt, polite replies to all the questions I sent. I hope this continues if there's any problems with the ie8.

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #28 of 79

Quote:
I have a set of IE8 refurbs coming from Dakmart that should arrive Monday or Tuesday. I'm replacing a set of IE8s that I lost 2 weeks ago, so I have all the packaging from the real set that I can use to compare to Dakmart's. I'll post my comparison when I get a chance. I remember really enjoying certain songs on the ie8s and will try to capture that again with the refurbs to see if they sound real. I had probably 500 hours on the set I lost so they might sound different from the potentially unused refurbs. Wish me luck.

gameboy, I'll also let you know how badly I was dinged with tax and duty (I'm in Ontario as well).

Edit: I know dakmart has a bad rep online, but the service I received while buying these was surprisingly good and shipping was fast. I got a slight discount and prompt, polite replies to all the questions I sent. I hope this continues if there's any problems with the ie8.

Thanks!, It'll be good to hear some feedback from someone with experience with a confirmed legitimate pair.

Sep 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #29 of 79

Quote:

Cool. It is very nice of you. I owned a legit pair when IE8 launched, I sill feel it still stay a very firm place in my own rating after I went through a few pair of top tier IEM

Sep 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #30 of 79
Take a close up pick of the S logo on the earphone itself, macro, not blurry.

As much as I'd like to simply go by the box, it is questionable if it has not been changed over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back