Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
Oct 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #1,036 of 1,075
Quote:

I wouldn't expect a response. I sent him two emails in the span of a freakin' month and no response. It's ticking me off actually, I spent $200 on his product and he can't respond to a simple email. Great amp/dac, but the costumer service sucks.

OK, now that does sound like a problem now. I thought I must have entered the wrong email address or something, but I guess that's not the case then. Doesn't exactly give you confidence in the company...

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #1,040 of 1,075
I use gmail and didn't get any responses. I'm not worried about it anymore. The amp is running great, I just had a few questions I wanted to ask him and I got ducked out on. Disappointing.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #1,042 of 1,075
I'm looking at getting a new amp soon. I'm looking at the UHA-4 and the C421.
Anyone have a comparison between the two?

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #1,043 of 1,075
Nevermind. I found my answer...
Decisions, decisions....

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Leckerton Audio UHA-4 with OPA209
Build Quality: ●●●●● (Excellent)
Power: ●●●●● (Plenty)
Power Drop: 1.6%
Output Impedance:  ●●●●● (0.1 Ω)
Portability: ●●●●○ (Slim but wide)
Speed: ●●●●● (Excellent)
Transparency: ●●●●◎ (Good)
Soundstage: ●●●●◎ (Good)
Coloration / Neutrality: ●●●●● (Really neutral, somewhere between the two C421)
EMI: ●●●●○ (Low)
Hissing: ●●●●● (dead silence)
Remark: UHA-4 with OPA209 is the most expensive amp of the batch (and in fact cost over $200 when shipping is included) but also has the best balance between subjective sound, objective measurement as well as real world practicality. Sonic wise, it is a close blend between C421-AD8620 and C421-OPA2227, with some of the detail and resolution of the former and the richness of the later while still remains mostly neutral and transparent. I still prefer C421-AD8620 over UHA-4 but it is a really close call. The only part of UHA-4 that doesn’t sound quite as perfect is its overall resolution and rendering of space. It is really good, but not great. Measurement wise, UHA-4 is almost as good as O2 in every area. Size and weight wise, UHA-4 is slim and easy to carry around. The USB DAC itself is really good as well. Not ObjectDAC level but definitely gives E17 a good run for its money even though it is just a good old 16/44.1 USB DAC. Oh, there is also a crossfeed if you need it. In many ways, UHA-4 reminds me of my trusty Meier Audio 3MOVE, but in a much smaller package. If you must spend $200 for an amp/DAC with the best combination of sound quality and functionality, this will be the one to get.

[Ranking]

2. JDS Labs C421-AD8620 / Leckerton Audio UHA-4(OPA209)

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #1,044 of 1,075
guys should i take OPA209 or AD8610 for my UHA-6.MKII?  which one is the best fore Treble and mids? don't count the Bass since Japanese music don't have much of it

btw OPA627 is bad for Treble so wont take it at all :p

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #1,045 of 1,075
209 is the most transparent so IMO it fleshes out the treble even more so and for me makes it fatiguing to listen to for long periods of time. 8610 has clarity emphasis on its mid range while still remaining relatively neutral. It also has a slight hint of warmth so it adds a little fun to the sound. Treble isn't compromised at all on the 8610.

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #1,046 of 1,075
Quote:
209 is the most transparent so IMO it fleshes out the treble even more so and for me makes it fatiguing to listen to for long periods of time. 8610 has clarity emphasis on its mid range while still remaining relatively neutral. It also has a slight hint of warmth so it adds a little fun to the sound. Treble isn't compromised at all on the 8610.

Thanks!

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #1,048 of 1,075
I been llooking to get the UHA-4 for awhile now since i feel like upgrading my iBasso D-Zero DAC/AMP.. What's another alternative i can buy other than this?

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #1,050 of 1,075
Quote:
I been llooking to get the UHA-4 for awhile now since i feel like upgrading my iBasso D-Zero DAC/AMP.. What's another alternative i can buy other than this?

Hi, I have owned both of this amps concurrently and while very good I would opt for a higher end model. A D-Zero would be more like a side step so a higher model from either manufacturer would be IMO the way to go. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back