Leckerton Audio Slimline UHA-4
May 24, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #392 of 1,075
I'm glad to see that Nick at Leckerton is still producing dac/amps.  I bought a UHA-3 2 years ago and still love it!  Looks like I could expect the same build quality out of the UHA-4...

May 24, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #393 of 1,075

Quote:
I SO look forward to crushing the uHA-4.   
very_evil_smiley.gif

I dunno, it's prison build case looks pretty tough, 
I'm pretty sure some of the amps you have already could crush the UHA-4, but for the money (even after the price increases) and the size, it is an awesome amp.
anyway you can't stop us now!! (starts pedaling stationary bike attached to hype machine faster)

May 24, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #394 of 1,075
Steve Leckert claims that you can drive a car over his Decware Zen Head portable - its not a claim I'd enjoy putting to the test, but my brother-in-law certainly proved that he could put a drill bit straight through the PCB that *was* my P4. Scratch one $245 amp - fortunately, I owed my sister some money so what goes around comes around.  :wink:

May 24, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #395 of 1,075

Quote:
Doh ! My apologies to whichever of you was most offended :)

My ire burns with the heat of a thousand blazing suns that are also on fire. You shall know my wrath... but not today.

Quote:
Steve Leckert claims that you can drive a car over his Decware Zen Head portable - its not a claim I'd enjoy putting to the test, but my brother-in-law certainly proved that he could put a drill bit straight through the PCB that *was* my P4. Scratch one $245 amp - fortunately, I owed my sister some money so what goes around comes around.  :wink:

Either you were doing some rather destructive testing or he's got really bad aim.

May 24, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #396 of 1,075
Yeah, it was just one of those situations where you tell yourself 'Hey, this is a REALLY bad idea', then when your worst fears are realised, it almost seems like you had it coming. Worse things have happened in our family, though - nothing like sitting outside the Emergency ward at 3am.

May 24, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #397 of 1,075

Quote:

Damn, looking at this amp... this guy means business, I'll look into it. I have seen this amps name here and there around the forums but not much is said about it. wonder how it sounds.....

May 24, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #398 of 1,075

Quote:
Damn, looking at this amp... this guy means business, I'll look into it. I have seen this amps name here and there around the forums but not much is said about it. wonder how it sounds.....

10 ohms out.  
frown.gif

May 24, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #399 of 1,075

Quote:
The TTVJ Amp is really nice but unless you need the extra power for some reason - like AKG 701 (then you might as well get a desktop amp), the UHA-4 is quite on par.

I guess I should just be happy with my amp lol; I'm honestly very satisfied of the results so far. I'm just always looking to upgrade
popcorn.gif
. I may look into that Dac port you were talking about. Boy is this an expensive hobby (yet so exciting :wink:

May 24, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #400 of 1,075
I'm currently listening to my dennon 5000's using the UHA 4 as a DAC and I have to say it really does drive them nicely. It's enough volume for me to be happy (I don't want to go def early on :wink:

May 24, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #401 of 1,075
I might be going crazy but I absolutely love my hd650 driven by this little monster. in fact, i love them driving all my headphones. what a little gem.

May 24, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #402 of 1,075

Quote:
I might be going crazy but I absolutely love my hd650 driven by this little monster. in fact, i love them driving all my headphones. what a little gem.

Quite a turn around in opinion since you first got her :wink:. I wasn't nearly as impressed til after burn in as well. I really love listening to flac in general now. Before I really didn't think it made a difference but it really does. For some reason I notice I get fatigued after a while of listening to lossy files but when I listen to loss less I don't get that fatigue. Its a pain though to have to re rip everything again and to acquire my current mp3 music in flac format lol. Getting there though, bought a 2 TB drive to fill the need.

May 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #404 of 1,075
bumpity bump

Quote:

AD8610ARZ
OPA209AID

anyone knows the final real difference in sound/battery life

(I know they are different OPamps)

I notice both options cost the same, i guess the standard would be the safer bet, I'm so in to order one of these, btw silver panels, black body looks nice in the photos.

May 26, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #405 of 1,075

Quote:
Hi,
How does the uha-4 compares to the cMoy (Bass Boost 2.3) from JDS Labs?
I`m using Brainwavz M3.
Thanks.

I'm not sure as I haven't listened to this amp before but I can say that this amp easily competes with amps in the $300+ price range. The Cmoy is $60.00 so I would think the UHA 4 amp would be quite an upgrade in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back