leather pads for HE60 and HD580/600/650!
Dec 30, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #213 of 359
Any update with the pads?

Dec 31, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #214 of 359
I've been in touch with Jeremy back and forth for the last few days.
To recap: I have some old 600 pads that I can give up. I checked them against some brand new pads and the new pads were about 1/8" thicker and firmer (see post #209 above). We all concur that we want thicker pads. Jeremy would like the new pads as a pattern.

Here is our last exchange-
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711
Hi,
I would prefer to take the new pads as I want to be as close as possible to the original feel and thickness and all that. Please bear in mind that the pads will be destroyed.

So, I suggest that you may want to see if the community will chip in a few bucks here and there. I can chip in some as well.

regards
Jeremy

My response this morning:

Jeremy,

I really don't want to send my brand new $50 set of pads to their death. I have another set of pads that are on my 600's right now. They came with my 650's that I bought new a while back. I didn't think to check them for thickness, and I am away from home until Jan 5th. If they are comparable to the new ones, I guess I can give them up.

Anyhow, I'll toss our messages out in the forum thread and we'll go from there.

Thanks much!
Bill

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #215 of 359

still patiently waiting for HE60 pads
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #216 of 359
No rush. Good things come to those who wait.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #220 of 359
It's not full, it has passed the treshold
wink.gif

You're name is on the list, so when paying time comes you'll be notified.

Jan 5, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #222 of 359
billinkansas might have a spare set to donate he says. He should be available now.

Jan 6, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #223 of 359
OK, I'm back home in KS now.

Pulled the 'middle aged' pads from my HD600 which are now about 4 years old and have had a good bit of use. They are not as thick nor as firm as my brand new set, but better than my old ones in the earlier pictures.

I will give up my brand new ones ($50 from Headroom plus the $10 Priority Mail to Canada) for a set of the new ones. I can't send them to their death for nothing. I am willing to send one of the old sets and even pay the postage to Canada to support the project.

Better yet, how about everyone who wants a set of the new pads Paypals to Jeremy $5 non-refundable earnst money. Then he can buy some new pads and people will be on the hook.

Jan 6, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #225 of 359
I'm down for chipping in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back