leather pads for HE60 and HD580/600/650!
Jan 17, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #241 of 359
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No need on the deposit. I'm going to make probably 60 sets and that will be the end of it.

I don't need any front money as I trust the community that they will follow through with the orders. So I would really appreciate it if people will stick with their orders and go with that. It just wouldn't be cool if let's say I only end up selling thirty sets or something.

Other note: All orders will be shipped out at the same time. Not exactly on the same day but very closely together so that everything basically gets them at the same time as this is a custom order and not a product that you can wait and see what they sound like first. Sorry if that does not sound reasonable but I need to protect the order quantity. Hopefully, they will sound great and everyone will be happy but since I'm making the pads using suggestions from you guys, this is how I need it to be done.

thanks!

You're saying a set number of pads, is everybody who's chimed in on wanting some of these going to get them? is there a cut off date for when you'll stop accepting the orders?

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #242 of 359
Can I still be added to the list for the HD600? If so then please do, I can pay immediately =)

-Cedric

Jan 17, 2010 at 6:25 AM Post #243 of 359
Sorry, but could I please be removed... (again!)
redface.gif

I thought I'd be keeping them but I'm definitely 100% sure this time that my HD580 and HD650 are leaving.

Sorry for the trouble!

Jan 17, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #245 of 359
Oya? out, Poetik in... done
smile.gif

So, 60 pads max? 58 on the list now so it's getting close, I have not recounted all but am confident that my system so far has been good.

Jan 17, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #246 of 359
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No need on the deposit. I'm going to make probably 60 sets and that will be the end of it.

I don't need any front money as I trust the community that they will follow through with the orders. So I would really appreciate it if people will stick with their orders and go with that. It just wouldn't be cool if let's say I only end up selling thirty sets or something.

Other note: All orders will be shipped out at the same time. Not exactly on the same day but very closely together so that everything basically gets them at the same time as this is a custom order and not a product that you can wait and see what they sound like first. Sorry if that does not sound reasonable but I need to protect the order quantity. Hopefully, they will sound great and everyone will be happy but since I'm making the pads using suggestions from you guys, this is how I need it to be done.

thanks!

I see nothing wrong with this idea. It's very reasonable and I have the money set aside and ready when you are. Thank you so much for doing this for the community. You really are a huge asset to Headfi.
smily_headphones1.gif
Keep up the good work!

Jan 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #247 of 359
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, 60 pads max? 58 on the list now so it's getting close, I have not recounted all but am confident that my system so far has been good.

Gah, this took a while.
redface.gif

At 58 now and we need 60?

Please add 2 to my order of 1 (total of 3) and we're there!

Hey, what can I say, I'm an oily and dirty elephant.

Now Fatman711 can get to work cutting and sewing! Be sure to wear those thimbles.
biggrin.gif

I guess the HE60 pads aren't going to make it. Economies of scale sucks.

Jan 17, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #248 of 359
No need to order more, we passed the 50 needed. It's a max of 60 as I understand it.
now... if you where to order 40 more HE pads
tongue.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #250 of 359
One thing I really want to see is that these be the stronger more long lasting type of pads, like the Denon V2. Since this is a limited run, I want as strong and long lasting pad as possible. J$, is this possible?

Jan 23, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #252 of 359
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No need to order more, we passed the 50 needed. It's a max of 60 as I understand it.
now... if you where to order 40 more HE pads
tongue.gif

LOL, I'm not that dirty.
smile.gif

In the meantime, I'll just wrap the HE60 earpads with tissue paper when I use them, kind of like "earpad protecters." Maybe hopefully Fatman will feel sorry and make a special limited run of HE60 pads anyway.

I'll take three sets of 600/650 pads, confirmed.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #253 of 359
Done, so that's 60 total now.

I'd love to see how this all turns out but I sold my HD650's so I can only try to convert the pads for HE60 use. Maybe superglue them or something
smile.gif

Jan 28, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #255 of 359
I can speak for at least 2 pair of he60 pads, and have a donation pair for patterns if needed. There are probably another 10 sets to be ordered among he60 owners that I know of, so would a run of 40 get 'er done?

Maybe a bit more focus with a dedicated thread might bring folks out of the woodworks for the minimum required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back