leather pads for HE60 and HD580/600/650!
Dec 11, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #166 of 359
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really don't like the idea of combining the runs mainly due to the fact that I have so much going on and doing too many things may not be the way to go. It's just the fact that plastic parts can't just be made in batches of 10 or something. There are MOQs that I have to deal with. Even with the HD pads, I will be throwing a bunch away unless people order more.

As of now, I will not be combining the runs. Sorry for the inconvenience but due to the fact that I'm a one man team, I need to focus on the products that I think will sell.

Edit: Yes, I will need a pair of pads to use as a guide as well as destroy one of them so that I can get the plastic pieces made.

I would volunteer to give up my pads, but unfortunately at this time, I only have my 650's.
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #167 of 359
I actually sold my 650's so can't send mine. Anyone got a spare set?

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #169 of 359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds like fatman711 doesn't really want our business. He's trying everything except saying downright "no" to make it not happen.
frown.gif

I don't know where you got that impression. It's just that I'm a one man team and this project will be a battle and more of a cool thing to add to the community rather than a money making order. The quantity is also pretty small so I have to deal with persuading my suppliers of materials to accommodate these orders. I definitely want your business but I have a lot of things going on at the same time including HE90 pads/headbands that will be coming first before these pads because that group was established first.

It'll be a long road but eventually I'll get it done. I have decided to make the pads velour/leather. Velour sides, leather top to try to save as much of the original sound of the pads as possible.

Dec 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #170 of 359
Quote:

I don't know where you got that impression. It's just that I'm a one man team and this project will be a battle and more of a cool thing to add to the community rather than a money making order. The quantity is also pretty small so I have to deal with persuading my suppliers of materials to accommodate these orders. I definitely want your business but I have a lot of things going on at the same time including HE90 pads/headbands that will be coming first before these pads because that group was established first.

It'll be a long road but eventually I'll get it done. I have decided to make the pads velour/leather. Velour sides, leather top to try to save as much of the original sound of the pads as possible.

I got that impression because you are non-stop describing how excruciatingly difficult this enormous task is for you, being a single person, and how you are already burried under other responsibilities and how non-profitable this all is for you. And how good you are for this community for trying to accomplish it.
It feels a bit like I'm being prepared to be humbly thankful for whatever you'll come up with in the end, whenever that may be.
By the way, when I enlisted for "leather pads" I did not envision "velours pads with a leather application on top". Don't know how other subscribers think about that though.

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #171 of 359
I actually like the velour sides better. It will preserve the "Sennheiser" sound a bit better. I would just like them to a bit beefier, as in thicker. But, I'll be happy with whatever design you come up with.

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #173 of 359
It doesn't matter to me. I can make all leather or velour, or all velour, it doesn't matter. I'm just thinking what will sound the best and what won't mess up the sound of original Senns. If you're thinking that I'm trying to cheap out on the materials, I'm not.

in response to Kees. If that is the impression that you got, then I'm sorry that I made it sound like that. It's not the making of the pads that is difficult. It is designing one that will sound good. I can make product that sounds bad and sell it. Is that what I want? No......

So this is a community project. I will make whatever you want me to make but I refuse to make any promises regarding completion or how they will sound. I don't even own a pair of Sennheisers. Why am I not promising completion? Number of factors

1) Need to get my hands on Sennheiser for testing and pads.
2) need to make the plastic parts and am at the mercy of my suppliers.
3) Need to design how I'm going to put it all together with the equipment I have
4) Have other products that are scheduled before this one

I would appreciate it if people would try to understand my views on things before posting accusations against me. I am in no shape or form doing this so that people are "thankful" for me doing this. I was contacted by Paaj and I agreed to do a small run.

Just because I'm a "MOT" doesn't mean that I deserve to be poked at for every little thing that I say. It seems like recently, whatever that I post is interpreted in a bad way and I'm sick and tired of it. I am not scared to say that some of the people on these forums really anger me because all they do is complain about MOTs.

A prime example is the Magnum thread. Fine, he messed up and didn't deliver on time, he offered a refund. Take it if you want out. What's the big deal? If you want a new form of technology that hasn't been offered yet, then stick around. Simple as that. It's not like anyone is running away with your money. MOTs or people who run small businesses are not gods. We are regular people trying to make a living and deserve to be treated and spoken to as normal people. You have a problem? Then email us and we'll probably try to fix it. There is no need for endless bashing day and night, endless complaining without actually talking to the business themselves. This forum is meant for users to enjoy their hobby and compare different sounds. Recently, it has become a forum where people flame people constantly for every little thing.

Many of us offer unique products to the community. We create them to try to improve the hobby in any way we can. I for one, try to come up with new products all the time in my head and take the time to make good products for you to enjoy. So if you want them, then you can order, if not, then my limited supply will go to other people.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #174 of 359
I really appreciate all the work you've done and are doing. I say take your time and do a good job as you've always done. I guess full leather pads would be the consensus and I'm fine with that. We do still have to original velour pads to fall back on after all.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #175 of 359
Quote:

It doesn't matter to me. I can make all leather or velour, or all velour, it doesn't matter. I'm just thinking what will sound the best and what won't mess up the sound of original Senns. If you're thinking that I'm trying to cheap out on the materials, I'm not.

in response to Kees. If that is the impression that you got, then I'm sorry that I made it sound like that. It's not the making of the pads that is difficult. It is designing one that will sound good. I can make product that sounds bad and sell it. Is that what I want? No......

So this is a community project. I will make whatever you want me to make but I refuse to make any promises regarding completion or how they will sound. I don't even own a pair of Sennheisers. Why am I not promising completion? Number of factors

1) Need to get my hands on Sennheiser for testing and pads.
2) need to make the plastic parts and am at the mercy of my suppliers.
3) Need to design how I'm going to put it all together with the equipment I have
4) Have other products that are scheduled before this one

I would appreciate it if people would try to understand my views on things before posting accusations against me. I am in no shape or form doing this so that people are "thankful" for me doing this. I was contacted by Paaj and I agreed to do a small run.

Just because I'm a "MOT" doesn't mean that I deserve to be poked at for every little thing that I say. It seems like recently, whatever that I post is interpreted in a bad way and I'm sick and tired of it. I am not scared to say that some of the people on these forums really anger me because all they do is complain about MOTs.

A prime example is the Magnum thread. Fine, he messed up and didn't deliver on time, he offered a refund. Take it if you want out. What's the big deal? If you want a new form of technology that hasn't been offered yet, then stick around. Simple as that. It's not like anyone is running away with your money. MOTs or people who run small businesses are not gods. We are regular people trying to make a living and deserve to be treated and spoken to as normal people. You have a problem? Then email us and we'll probably try to fix it. There is no need for endless bashing day and night, endless complaining without actually talking to the business themselves. This forum is meant for users to enjoy their hobby and compare different sounds. Recently, it has become a forum where people flame people constantly for every little thing.

Many of us offer unique products to the community. We create them to try to improve the hobby in any way we can. I for one, try to come up with new products all the time in my head and take the time to make good products for you to enjoy. So if you want them, then you can order, if not, then my limited supply will go to other people.

Not at all. But I would like to hear these headphones with an all leather pad. I'm in Mississauga and could provide you with my hd600's pads, the plastic on the bottom is slightly cracking but works just as intended.

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #176 of 359
Quote:

The quantity is also pretty small so I have to deal with persuading my suppliers of materials to accommodate these orders.

What would be a more appropriate quantity?

Dec 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #177 of 359
I am opting for the leather pads just for looks and comfort reasons only, not necessarily for sonic reasons. In my mind, changing Sennheiser pads would cause a minimal effect to its sound signature and would not be as dramatic as say changing the pads on Grados. If they retain the same sonic characteristics as the stock velours, that would be perfect. If they sound even better than the stock velours, that would be even better.

Dec 13, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #178 of 359
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really appreciate all the work you've done and are doing. I say take your time and do a good job as you've always done. I guess full leather pads would be the consensus and I'm fine with that. We do still have to original velour pads to fall back on after all.

My thoughts exactly; perfectly put fenix. I'm already in for 2 of each. Whatever we end up with, I know (from JMoney product I already own) it will be excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back