LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda
Jun 29, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #78 of 100
So, whats the best amp for Cream Soda?  ...a Head Amp?
beerchug.gif

Or would that be for Root Beer?
biggrin.gif

-HK sends

Jun 29, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #81 of 100
What?  No mention of packaging and accessories?  LCD-2 comes with padded wooden box and wood care kit.  Best you can get with cream soda is maybe some plastic rings or static wrap.  That's gotta count for something, right?

Personally, I've found both can be a little finicky when it comes to pairings.  From my 2Move, the LCD-2 was congested.  In the interest of full disclosure, however, I haven't tried cream soda out of the 2Move either since I just got it back from being repaired.  Now with my mom's spaghetti, I found the cream soda to be a little too sweet and the balance just did not mesh well.  With the LCD-2, nothing really happened except a mess because the cable is very stiff and got in the way.

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #82 of 100
Does a balanced drive improve the cream soda at all?

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #83 of 100
Cream soda is something I enjoy every once in a while. The LCD-2 is something that I enjoy practically daily. Price/performance wise, I gotta say..cream soda probably takes it. 

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #84 of 100
So much hype! I'm going to wait a while till the FOTM phenomenon on the cream soda settles a bit... Still itching though.

So, anyone up for a loaner program? I can't get cream soda in Finland, but I'm ready to split postal fees to give it a try.

Jul 9, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #85 of 100
Cream soda is alright. However, I'm going to wait until the FOTM madness for the LCD2 turns against it, as FOTM madness always does. Then, I'll grab a pair on the cheap when several people decide to unload it.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #86 of 100
Doubt you will get em on the cheap. But there will be ones for sale im sure as some amps of certain people may not be able to get them to sing to their true potential.  So then they decide to sell em off thinking they aren't that great (this is all just my theory of course, I have not heard them yet).  

Quote:
Cream soda is alright. However, I'm going to wait until the FOTM madness for the LCD2 turns against it, as FOTM madness always does. Then, I'll grab a pair on the cheap when several people decide to unload it.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #87 of 100
You know I am still on HD555s thinking of going up to 650s, nowhere NEAR HD800 T1 PS-1000 or LCD-2s but I had to admit that this might be the most brilliant review ever!

P.S. When the ortho fan got annoyed I almost expected a HD800 vs. your Mom review :p

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #88 of 100
If you reffering to me as the "ortho fan", I've never in my life even heard what an ortho sounds like :)

Im not a fan of something that I have never heard before.  Anyway, just sayin'

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #89 of 100
But it's on preorder.
wink.gif

This gave me a good chuckle. Thanks! There are too many threads on this forum that are "Which headphone does X?" which responses like "omg just search plz."

I wish I could afford the LCD2 :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back