LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Mar 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #2,146 of 2,398

Quote:
Love Q~ in Vomic
biggrin.gif

OMG, you got that one? When Steve showed me it, I thought he was about to hit the nuthouse. 
atsmile.gif

It honestly looks sort of pretty.

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #2,153 of 2,398
Does Toxic Cables still offer the "4 wire" Venom model?  I don't see it listed on their eBay store or website.

I am pretty much decided on the Poison silver cable (don't really want to spend the 8-wire Venom money and I'm also afraid it will be too bulky.

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #2,156 of 2,398
Quote:
Just ordered some Q-Cables, now the wait!

Might take a while.  Steve's really really old, and his hands shake a lot these days.  Add to that the fact that he's a hopeless narcoleptic, often falling asleep whilst making cables, and you have a recipe for disaster.  I hear one time he fell asleep with a soldering iron in his hand and woke up with a cable attached to his face.

I keed, I keed.  I'm sure you'll love your new cable.

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #2,157 of 2,398

Quote:
Quote:

Might take a while.  Steve's really really old, and his hands shake a lot these days.  Add to that the fact that he's a hopeless narcoleptic, often falling asleep whilst making cables, and you have a recipe for disaster.  I hear one time he fell asleep with a soldering iron in his hand and woke up with a cable attached to his face.

I keed, I keed.  ...

Yup, great cables, but I'll bet they're not really that easy to attach to your face.  ;-0

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #2,160 of 2,398

Got my Q in yesterday! Super pleased with Steve's work.
It's the (puny) Norn V2  
tongue.gif

Not much of burn in or anything but I hear a veil lifted, soundstage is bigger. The cable just gets out of the way and let's the music go.
This is the most comfortable cable I've ever owned and will probably ever own. Ergonomics on Q cables take the cake by a wide margin over any other aftermarket cable.
May post more impressions after a hundred or so hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back