LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Dec 11, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #1,681 of 2,398
After seeing the pics of your cables MorbidToaster, I was intrigued, and when I went to the Q-Audio website, I couldn't see the purple option,
so I sent Steve a PM asking if it were indeed possible to get a purple cable made, and he said yes. ^^

I ordered a 2 metre cable with the 1/4" TRS termination to use with my Dacmini.

Before this set up, I was using my trusty Technics RP-DJ1210 with my ipod / iphone combination. ( for nearly 10 years, this worked wonderfully, and still does, although a bit inferior to my new setup ).

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #1,682 of 2,398
Yeah, while Steve's color options on the site are limited (might be because he can't guarantee that he'll have the other colors at any one time), just PM him and he'll be happy to let you know what's available! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #1,683 of 2,398
He has to order the special colors from what I understand. It usually increases the time it takes to get you your cable. 

Quote:
Yeah, while Steve's color options on the site are limited (might be because he can't guarantee that he'll have the other colors at any one time), just PM him and he'll be happy to let you know what's available! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 11, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #1,685 of 2,398
I'd like a set of cables in the team colors for the New York Knickerbockers.  But I wouldn't be able to decide on the home colors or the away colors.

Spent a good part of the afternoon comparing the LCD-3 supplied ribbon cable with the Q cable.  That exercise is always tedious and a bit exhausting but good for sharpening up the listening skills.   The Q is the winner again.  Sounds good on the LCD-2's and the LCD-3's.

Dec 11, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #1,686 of 2,398
Quote:
Quote:

When I was ordering, I saw pictures of the purple, and thought it looked good, so I went that route, but there are actually quite a few color choices: http://www.q-audio.com/threads.html

There's no additional charge for different colors, but there's generally a 2-3 week lead time in order for Steve to get the custom color braid.

Yeah, gonna go ahead and quote my own post.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #1,688 of 2,398
WOW that is SOME color choice... Choices, Choices, Choices....

Dec 12, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #1,689 of 2,398
Those cables, along with the colored screens, are fun for home use but I wouldn't want to take them out in public. They ruin the expansive and classy look of the headphone IMO. It's like having a black leather jacket and dying it pink. 
gs1000.gif

I'd love to walk in a recording studio with a team full of people and have the LCD-2 - Barney Edition.

As promised...the Purple People Eater! (Told you I'd do it, Steve)

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #1,690 of 2,398
I have a real question. What's the main differences between the Q headphone cable ($275) and the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Headphone Cable ($350)? I like the color options and the look of the Q. I am buying a LCD-2.2, a Rega DAC, and a V200 Amp. Does it matter which I go with? I am going for a warm, analog sound and would not like the cable to affect the high-quality sound of my gear. Thanks.

Dec 12, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #1,691 of 2,398

Users who are viewing this thread

Back